Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Blackthorne

1. Blackthorne

KickStarter Blackthorne health fundraiser

Yup. We did our kickstarters over 10 years ago, and if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn’t have done physical rewards. At the time, we thought it could be done. We learned it was more than just getting some quotes about costs… there’s so much unforeseen expense, and labor and changing...
  2. Blackthorne

I have sent money back to some people, and I have sent out items that I still have when I get time. I’m not perfect. I am short on both time and money these days; I don’t know if I’ve said it here, but coming up in a couple months I have a few people that are coming to help me send out hopefully...
  3. Blackthorne

It’s okay. I’m sure he does. I’m an easy target in some ways… and yeah I did find a lot of weird old shit!! Whatever. Fuck him. I’ve got bigger fish to fry…. I’m literally at dialysis now getting my blood cleaned cause my fucking kidneys don’t work. I hope he feels better about himself and his...
  4. Blackthorne

I have an Amazon wishlist?? I don’t even know about this… he talks about that? Christ I gotta check that… I have fucking kids…. Edit: holy fuck, I didn’t even realize that was public… wtf… that’s some low shit. I mean…. I’m kinda speechless.
  5. Blackthorne

Thanks, I tried. We definitely had some snags with the physical rewards - I am not denying that. I am still trying to make good on that and hopefully I can finish that chapter up this year. I’m working hard to put the finishing touches on more of our games… I can only do so much though. Anyway...
  6. Blackthorne

Oh god, this guy has been after me for years. I can't watch this whole thing, I really got a lot going on, but jesus dude... I'm trying. I do have some people helping me this Summer to get the last of the stuff out... that's been a shitshow. I know. I'm sorry. I tried really hard, but ended...
  7. Blackthorne

KickStarter Quest For Infamy - A Quest for Glory-like Indie Adventure Game

Hey, just to let ya know - Quest for Infamy is on sale for the Nintendo Switch for $3.99 for the next couple days, apparently. https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/quest-for-infamy-switch/
  8. Blackthorne

Colossal Cave Adventure remake from Ken & Roberta Williams

I actually ran into Metal Jesus the other weekend; he was here in Syracuse for RetroGameCon. I was there with my kids, and I introduced myself, told him I worked on the project - he looked at my sideways, like I was lying for a second, but we talked a bit. I can imagine some rando coming out...
  9. Blackthorne

Well, if I for sure get another transplant, you can bet that one of the sidequests in Quest for Infamy 2 is to get a fucking kidney for someone. (Only to have a sorcerer magically regrow the dudes kidney anyway, cause if I'm writing a world with magic, that shit is HAPPENING.) In other news, I...
  10. Blackthorne

Got a letter from a new transplant clinic in another city; I'm going to start all over with them... which means more tests, again, like colonoscopies, dental exams... real fun stuff. But, I got no other choice. Just trying to soldier on, but goddamn, it's a slog.
  11. Blackthorne

Heh, I've avoided chairs for the time being. Been on dialysis over a month - can confirm, again, it sucks terribly. It was also easier when I was younger. I've been doing this 20 years, I don't even know how in the fuck I've managed.
  12. Blackthorne

Just a little update for y'all who might care - I'm back on in-center dialysis again. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Treatment's four hours long, and I get on at 6:35 AM. It's about as fun as it sounds, dialysis at God's fucking Hour, but it's keeping me alive. Treatments suck - I...
  13. Blackthorne

Thanks guys. Staring at the $2,000+ nephrology bill is enough to make other organs fail, so I appreciate it.
  14. Blackthorne

I have neuropathy in my hands and feet from years of dialysis which makes it hard for me to feel them. I also have spinal stenosis and bulging discs at L4,L5 and S1 which limit my mobility and cause me a lot of pain. Some days are worse than others, and I've taken to walking with a cane...
  15. Blackthorne

Yep. I fucked myself up pretty good almost two Saturdays ago now. My leg gave out on me while I was out, and I fell - bad - into a bunch of metal chairs. Caused a huge contusion on my chest, under my armpit - and I nicked an artery. Was bleeding internally - had to have surgery to drain it and...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom