Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Blackguard

1. Blackguard

Baldur's Gate #BaldurGate: Siege of Dragonspear

I'm in chapter 9 atm, and my impressions so far are very positive. Eg. all random encounters are unique, all the dungeons I've done are have interesting story and many well designed encounters, the items have lot of unique effects and class/race based bonii, there are lot more new monsters that...
  2. Blackguard

There is loot, that's the secret.
  3. Blackguard

Beamdog have moved some areas on the map. This is how you access the lighthouse map now.
  4. Blackguard

GoG sales volumes are tiny compared to Steam, and it has been in top10 on Steam since the release as well.
  5. Blackguard

Long way to go to that million units sold they were dreaming about.
  6. Blackguard

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Pre-Release Thread

SoD is never going to sell anywhere near 1 million. Trent Oster said on some twitch stream that counting everything BGEE has sold bit over, and BG2EE bit under, million copies. Even for games that are at the top of their hype cycle expansions always sell less than the original game. Here you...
  7. Blackguard

At least that J&K conversation works in BGEE. Here's a list of all the BG1 banters. There are some quite long ones too like the one between Edwin & Dynaheir.
  8. Blackguard

That's why I am not pre-ordering. They said that it will be available on Steam/GOG on the release day anyway.
  9. Blackguard

Well it's David Warner voicing him.
  10. Blackguard

My point was that no matter what you think of the look the EE UI has some pretty nice functionality improvements. Also for the record, yes I too think the 2.0 character UI looks like it came from a mobile app.
  11. Blackguard

I would never go back to using the vanilla UI after having gotten used to EE stuff. Whether it looks better or not is a matter of taste, but there are multiple things that I constantly use that are objectively better in the EE UI. No area transition/load/save screens, can see what each party...
  12. Blackguard

SteamSpy says BG1 has sold 470k and BG2 335k.
  13. Blackguard

Beta of patch 2.0. It is the patch that is supposed to be out before SoD to bring the new stuff to BG1+2 and also the shaman class. Edit: ahahaha I was actually creating a new character right now. What happened is my character spawned in Candlekeep with completely different picture than what I...
  14. Blackguard

You can now download beta patches for BG1+2 now. Anyway I've been testing the beta build a bit and it is buggy as fuck. No way is it in release in three weeks shape. You constantly run into different, mainly UI related, bugs. Seems like Beamdog is on track to bomb yet another release. I'm...
  15. Blackguard

On higher difficulties encounters will now have more/tougher enemies, also they should act smarter like try to kill your casters first. Edit: Also kinda cool minor details that mindless enemies like skeletons always act the same way, but humans eg. will act smarter on higher difficulty...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom