Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by baturinsky

1. baturinsky

X-COM OpenXcom Thread

Afaik, gobs are pilots. Both for the vessels and tanks. Gyrocopter in particular is great for it's price early game, especially when you have slots to spare (i.e. big ship or base defence).
  2. baturinsky

"Role-Playing" Games that are an Example of the Illusion of Free Choice

Games with C&C and without leveling are usually called quests/VN, strategies, management or sims.
  3. baturinsky

Incline What's a Better Initiative System?

First option works well when battles finish or practically finish in 1-3 turns, so acting first or acting one more time than enemy matters a lot. Example: HOMM3. If they are longer, it's better to use one side moves - other side moves. It allows for more tactical combinations. Example: XCOM...
  4. baturinsky

Games with great, satisfying endings?

Ah, also the hardest difficulty ending in Max Payne 2.
  5. baturinsky

Games with great, satisfying endings?

Shadow Warrior (2013) Game itself is ok at best, but the ending is simple yet very impressive.
  6. baturinsky

Fallout 3 vs Fallout 4

Fallout 3 has two cool parts. First is the nuked Washington. Second is the Tenpenny tower quest line which teaches about inclusiveness. Fallout 4 has also two cool parts. First is the power armor. Second is being able to build gulags and capture peasants to work in them.
  7. baturinsky

Tales of Maj'Eyal

My favorite classes I guess are: Solipsist: "You don't actually exist" Temporal Warden: "You don't exist in this timeline" Cursed: "Fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything I have and fuck everything around me" Reaver: "Things go boom when I kill them!"
  8. baturinsky

Screenshot thread

Ozymandias: Bronze age Tutorial mission. Predictably turned into the four-side clash in Palestine.
  9. baturinsky

X-COM OpenXcom Thread

Weird. Have you eliminated all opposition or evacuated through exit zones?
  10. baturinsky

Screenshot thread

PNG was 1.2 mb vs 0.3mb jpg. Would png be better?
  11. baturinsky

Screenshot thread

12. baturinsky

Logistics in strategy games?

Simple, yet effective way to represent logistics is to make units only heal at your home territory/cities.
  13. baturinsky

Witchfire - dark fantasy shooter from developers of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - now available on Early Access

Longer HP and stamina bars really felt. Not sure about the other stats.
  14. baturinsky

X-COM OpenXcom Thread

On base defence you are not limited by the vessel capacity, so amassed cheap and/or 2x2 units can be handy. Dogs, reapers, gyrocopters worked fell for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom