Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Bantichai

1. Bantichai

Indie Dead Monarchy: Open-World | Turn-Based | Mercenary Management | RPG - Fully Released May 19th 2023

I still find it hilarious that I used to avoid indie games like the plague just to end up as not only an indie dev but a solo one.
  2. Bantichai

Indie Dead Monarchy: Open-World | Turn-Based | Mercenary Management | RPG - Fully Released May 19th 2023

This is a good spot, I'm gonna put it down on the list, should be relatively straightforward to do. Also, post-release content will be adding new "legendary companies" and they will have equipment from different cultures, the equipment will be purple too.
  3. Bantichai

Game News Dead Monarchy Released

Yeah very true. Honestly I still get derailed from time to time, especially having to balance indie dev with other part-time jobs, sometimes you are just too tired from work. I guess the most important thing to do is always remind yourself why you are doing it so you can push yourself forward...
  4. Bantichai

Alrighty, will be good if you can elaborate on the camera too, so I can see what improvements I can make. I've been developing on it for so long that I've become so accustomed to it.
  5. Bantichai

I have seen a similar issue to that in a Youtube playthrough, it looked like either the mouse click wasn't registering or for some reason the character got stuck off screen. So after you restarted, you've never had another deployment/placement issue again? Do you still have any major gripes...
  6. Bantichai

Yeah it was a long one, still got a long way to go though in terms of where I really want to be, but I've more or less mentally conditioned myself at this point, just have to keep chipping away.
  7. Bantichai

Yeah I need to put the control list in the journal/in-game. I think most of the issues stem from the fact that the camera does not automatically center on player movement in the overworld map. Pressing [SHIFT] in the overworld or combat will refocus the camera back on the character. It jumps...
  8. Bantichai

Thanks mate!
  9. Bantichai

Thanks mate! The trailer does have its faults though, I should probably do another audio pass, but limited time and so many things to do. I truly appreciate the support!
  10. Bantichai

Hmm, R/F are rotate and "finish individual fighter's turn" in combat. I could bind it in the overworld but then it wouldn't be consistent in combat. Or I can probably create an additional set of alternate keys for zooming in/out during combat and still have R/F for overworld? X is changing...
  11. Bantichai

Yup I have this on the list, I'll see what I can do about it.
  12. Bantichai

I I can have a look at adding dedicated keys for zooming in and out on the keyboard. Do you have a personal preference? Regarding keyboard/camera panning, you can speed it up by holding [RMB] while using WASD at the same time, or drag and pan by clicking in the mouse wheel. Putting some...
  13. Bantichai

Cheers for mentioning those two, yeah they are both on my radar. Mortismal seems to find turn-based combat stagnating though based on his recent video, I'm not sure if DM will feel more of the same to him or not. I know Simo is on a quest to play every merc game too. Unless they get to me first...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom