Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Balor

1. KickStarter Scorn - another Giger influenced horror game released after long developement

All in all, it is one of the very few games that TRULY deserves 'mature' rating. Not because of the gore, boobs and phallic imagery. They are perfect for teenagers, actually. The understand them and appreciate them. It is because it delves in concepts that are literally inconceivable to...
  2. KickStarter Scorn - another Giger influenced horror game released after long developement

Exactly. It's all in the artbook, and which I've read after playthrough and was pleased that I've got most of the themes right despite hearing pretty much nothing about the game, because typical survival horror games are not my cup of tea, but this is , fortunately, not a survival horror game...
  3. Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

I daresay it is kinda fun for the first time, I liked it. For 100th less so, obviously.
  4. Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

If enemies truly get you, will WILL die. Ehp is only to prevent being one-shotted.
  5. Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Are there any resources that explain blight mechanics in detail, especially interaction between blight lanes and forced monster movement? I thought I'll cheat the system a bit and 'vaccuum' the monsters in using Vaal Cyclone, which worked nicely for a while but I've got a sudden 'game over'...
  6. Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Talking of 'more damage that we likely never need' - triad grip gloves look extremely tempting, even moreso with a combination of white sockets and 'withering touch support'. But does 'added damage' (like Unholy might/Spirit Offering) work off 'unconverted' physical damage? It should, but things...
  7. Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Lol, I guess I've failed my perception check. Likely because it was not stated in change logs (unless I've failed an other check) and did not reread skill description that I was otherwise quite familiar with... Anyway, 'bold and dashing' property is unique to skeletons, and I was looking for it...
  8. Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

By the way, I've been reading on stormblast mines and it seems like a great bossing (and Blight lanes) support in conjunction with minefield support - just disregard the damage and focus on 'increased damage taken' part. But do we still have maximum limit of 5 mines sans modifiers? EDIT: Ok...
  9. Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Admittedly, to have to skimp on your own survivability somewhat to get truly immortal, boss-melting minions, but with partially 'unnerfed' Mistress of Sacrifice you can cover much of that with bone offering (life) or spirit offering (hybrid).
  10. Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Yea, I've finally got around to playing a pretty uninspired summoner build and Feeding Frenzy 'dash' (which is undocumented, btw, and was a very pleasant surpise) turn skeletons into Flashes. Summoners were ok, if a bit slow before - now they are ridiculously OP if you ask me. I think stats of...
  11. Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

So, a summoner league basically. Well, all my more or less successful chars were summoners but lacked oomph in late game (SSF). Maybe I'll finally see some high-tier content now.
  12. Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

I've read best way to farm oni-goroshi is to make 2-3 scions and rotate them non-stop while instance resets... will still take about 8 hours unless you are lucky. Bad design decision if you ask me - pure soul-crushing boredom for all or nothing result. Maybe do it while stoned? :lol:
  13. Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Seems like it based on my observations. While it sound like a soul-crushing boredom when used as an ends in itself, seems like a viable option to farm currency for SSF characters with a fun, but suboptimal build so you can finally tackle higher end content... I, personally, play SSF only because...
  14. Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Stored damage does not interact with HIT damage you do later, it simply adds up on top from a separate source, a bit confusing indeed... in my case I want it for a skeleton summoner, seems more straightforward than mucking about with bleeding and poisoning via spells to benefit from vile toxins...
  15. Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Bah, indeed, ALL the impales of course. So... 50% more phys damage at 100% impale chance, and need a 'windup' of 5 hits at that. At 40% chance this is 20% more damage, 30% with increased impale effect, but dread banner impales are cumulative and benefit from increased impale effect Plus more 15%...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom