Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Azrael the cat

1. Azrael the cat

I'm sorry, but Morrowind simply is not a good 'game' but it is a good digital world

In fairness, very few people in Yankystaan played Gothic at the time, from what I gather. For that matter, I don't recall seeing Gothic around in Australia pre-Morrowind, or on the CRPG forums/review sites.
  2. Azrael the cat

"Deciding who is wrong and who is right"

You missed Strauss?
  3. Azrael the cat

"Deciding who is wrong and who is right"

The concept of the Legion is also founded on a massive error re history, and given its founders in-game motivations (copying a society that thrived under similar challenges instead of trying to recreate democracy from a more civilised era) it s seems to be Josh's mistake more than the...
  4. Azrael the cat

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

I know this isn't in the traditional spirit of fraud laws, but do you think it's about time we added a penalty for "criminally stupid" victims of fraud? ?
  5. Azrael the cat

People News ObsidiLeaks: The Chris Avellone May of Rage Archive

People are making the mistake of viewing this through 2018 eyes. We're talking about a time when Disney - fucking Disney!!! - sold teenage starlets (Brittany 16 yrs old, Christina 15 yrs old) as sexy schoolgirls with no thought of moral backlash or subtlety, all the backing dancers in skimpy...
  6. Azrael the cat

Eternity POE1, Tyranny, or both? (or neither)

True. But all far better than anything else then, now or during the lost decade-ish beforehand - except for the "Deus Ex hybrid genre" games (I'm including FO:NV at the rpg end of that genre, but not FO3 despite same engine because it doesn't have the immersive sim aspect), and the...
  7. Azrael the cat

What was your most disapointing RPG

Single player campaign from NWN1. Sure, I learned to appreciate just how amazing the overall product was, and it remains an example of an entirely different direction that the MMORPG genre could have gone in (sort of a "manageably many-peopled online role playing game"). But that single-player...
  8. Azrael the cat

Incline Remove the ignore feature, it promotes weakness.

I can't agree with this. Whilst I'm not sure if I've ever used the ignore feature, I'm certain that Prosper and his less amusing kin have inner strength far too great for the likes of me.
  9. Azrael the cat

People News Colin McComb and Gavin Jurgens-Fyhrie have left inXile

You know, I reckon you'd get as much name recognition $$$ from calling the game "Apocalypse Now-ish." (and also a solid 15% of buyers accusing you of "ripping off Marvel"...)
  10. Azrael the cat

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

There's a connotation of fucking, but it varies between countries, cities and age-groups. Women are more likely to use it where I'm from, largely because they regularly use 'girlfriend' without any connotation of fucking, and so some use boyfriend the same way. The non-fucking version is always...
  11. Azrael the cat

CHEATERS

Oh man!!! I was naively hoping for a game based on the tv series. Either an adventure game in the Leisure Suit Larry mold, but combining voyeurism with high-minded puritanism (playing a catholic priest, who upon leaving the church because it's gone too soft and no longer approves of killing...
  12. Azrael the cat

Abduction driven story in rpgs?

Because that's the kind of encounter you only love once, and (contrary to thread), the "entire party gets kidnapped and loses all their fucking gear (sometimes for a chapter, sometimes forever)" was a fairly regular occurrence in pre-infinity engine 90s crpgs.
  13. Azrael the cat

Abduction driven story in rpgs?

3 dons, 3 beat comedy. Third time around, it would be the player demanding a reception with one of the dons, and said don repeatedly cutting him off and insisting "no, this is a kidnapping. I've got appearances to maintain!" Fourth time around, it would be the player letting himself get...
  14. Azrael the cat

Whats Deus Ex about?

Firing white phosphorus rockets at groups of pigeons. Finding the weakest possible fire-based damage source and watching as urchins slowly burn to death from a cigarette-lighter-sized burn, while surrounded by canals. Promoting drink driving so long as it involves helicopters. Going WTF when...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom