Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by azimuth

1. Community RPG Codex GOTY 2022: Results & Cool Graphs

As Saint Proverbius or some other Codex old guy said 20+ years ago, a game isn't an RPG if it relies (too much) on player dexterity. Whether that's true or not, Elden Ring is obviously an action game. I don't know how you guys take yourselves seriously picking Elden Ring as your top RPG of the...
  2. Pentiment - Josh Sawyer's historical mystery narrative-driven game set in 16th century Bavaria

Looks cool as shit tbh. I am so bored of combat in RPGs.
  3. Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Virtually any brother of a high-tier background is a solid end-game brother right out the gate. People who complain about the recruitment lottery in BB are exclusively noobs -- either they are literally new or just clueless. People going around hiring and instantly firing until they find the...
  4. Game News Vampire: the Masquerade - Swansong Released

It plays like a point-and-click with Telltale choices and some genuine skillchecks. For example, you have to choose what to do with a friend who's running from the law and then you have to employ a series of strategic skillchecks to succeed at that choice. You do have a build and you decide...
  5. Game News Weird West Released

This is a very good game, although it's quite actiony. If you like the immersive sim genre, pick it up. It also has really good C&C, for those of you who like that kind of thing. The C&C is great throughout the whole campaign, and it also has interesting side quests, a fun companion system, and...
  6. Game News Expeditions: Rome Released

Once again, a mechanically solid, deep, indie turn-based CRPG is hated by the Codex, of all places, because of politics. I can understand being disappointed that this is more a fantasy game than a historical game. It doesn't even pretend to be truly historical -- the timeline and events of the...
  7. Game News Wasteland 3: Cult of the Holy Detonation Released

Ha! Nobody likes RPGs on this site. Don't you read the posts?
  8. Caves of Qud (ROGUELIKE)

"How slow the development has crept"? What the actual fuck are you talking about? This game is getting weekly content updates and has been for years. It's actually amazing to me that the lead dev is so committed to this project because he's very rich several times over from previous successes in...
  9. Game News Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong Emem Trailer

Weird political losers aside, this seems like an interesting game. I was surprised to see the negative reaction. I've been a big fan of this universe since Bloodlines and not before, but as we all know, it hasn't really had anything since then. This definitely looks like it's a lot closer to...
  10. Caves of Qud (ROGUELIKE)

This is one of the best games ever made, and if you're wasting everyone's bandwidth whining about the devs' politics that you will never see in the actual game itself, you are the entire reason this site is a laughing stock.
  11. Editorial Chris Avellone: What the Fuck Happened to Bloodlines 2?

Uh, some weird takes in this thread. Some observations: 1) Almost none of the classic CRPGs had "good combat gameplay," least of all Bloodlines. It didn't have good dungeons either - in fact, it had some of the worst I've ever seen. The games that top the Codex's best ever lists almost...
  12. Wildermyth - procedural storytelling tactical RPG

I don't agree that the game's combat is shallow. There are a lot of cool builds and interactions between characters. However, the coolest part of the game is the way each character takes on a strong unique roguelike flavour.
  13. Wildermyth - procedural storytelling tactical RPG

This is one of the best of this type of game in ages. If you enjoy roguelites or tactical RPGs, this is a huge winner. Aside from the satisfying combat, it's so interesting what will happen to your characters over the course of their campaigns. Every character will take on a strong unique build...
  14. Game News Solasta: Crown of the Magister Released

Man, I scrolled through a shit ton of posts looking for the part where the RPG forum talks about RPGs, and 90% of what I saw was the same old boring political shit you guys do in every thread now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom