Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Ausdoerrt

1. Ausdoerrt

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Would be silly not to, easy way to win over most basic BG1/2 fanbois. Also, there are already references to Minsc in the EA if you look hard enough.
  2. Ausdoerrt

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 now available on Early Access

Some people need to learn how Early Access works, at least for Larian. If D:OS EA is anything to go by, what we're seeing now is veeeery different from the final product. And most people treat it like it's a full release :smh: Yea, the engine is D:OS2, so it's not gonna win over any DOS haters...
  3. Ausdoerrt

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

It also goes against the spirit of D&D. Most encounters should be meaningful and in some way contribute to the story.
  4. Ausdoerrt

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

So you basically played one chapter of the first game, and none of the second. And are trying to judge them based on whatever. That's pretty stupid. Imagine trying to judge the entirety of Baldur's Gate saga based on the first chapter of the first game.
  5. Ausdoerrt

Engagement aside, I don't see that much difference in the way RtwP works between the two. Now, PoE doesn't have anything close to the epic mage battles of BG2 or large-scale combat encounters in open areas of IWD 1/2, but that's the fault of PoE's ruleset and / or overall game design. Also...
  6. Ausdoerrt

Divinity What makes a "Baldur's Gate" to you?

So many choices, and none along the lines of 'reactivity' or 'choice & consequence'. I guess that's because the originals had none, but it's 2020, I think it's reasonable to expect good RPGs to have at least some of that these days.
  7. Ausdoerrt

Sure, the wealth of tactical options like shove, jump, throw etc is a lot more realistic. Oh wait, you meant RtwP. :roll: Time spent is a non-issue: good encounter design balances that well. I'd rather have fewer encounters that are longer and interestingly designed than filler mobs every 15...
  8. Ausdoerrt

You see, there are still a plenty of idiots out there who spew the "TB is "too simplistic and outdated and RtwP is modern and deeply tactical" BS. From this point of vies, let them say whatever if it sells TB to the masses. All means are acceptable for the dominance of the TB master system :)
  9. Ausdoerrt

Well kinda, but we usually get to see the same terribland stuff every time. With some exceptions.
  10. Ausdoerrt

Partly the fault of the toxic whining idiots who made it so that no reasonable BG fan would want to identify with their group. This includes some active posters on the Codex, sadly. For example, I reasonably like BG (prefer IWD), but I have half a brain to understand that RtwP is shit, and that...
  11. Ausdoerrt

Yea why does every D&D game have to go FR, the most defaultbland setting. Though at least the "descent to Avernus" part sounds mildly encouraging, might not be complete shit. Also, if this does well, there's hoping Larian can do other D&D stuff. I think something like Eberron would suit their...
  12. Ausdoerrt

I've seen very few cases of Japanese TRPG and western turn-based RPGs cross-pollinating, though. TRGP fans are more likely to try other JRPGs, while western RPG fans are more likely to go to real-time RPG or turn-based strategies, depending on personal preference. Though without actual numbers...
  13. Ausdoerrt

Was gonna comment but then noticed you seriously put fire emblem and DOS in the same category. That's just retarded. Also JRPG is not a style, it's a point of origin. There's about as much variation among JRPGs as among western RPGs.
  14. Ausdoerrt

It's the first turn-based D&D game in what, 15+ years? Yea, that's objectively enough to get excited about. Subjectively - the reasons for hype will vary from person to person. Well, there was less of it than usual in the preview. My guess is they'll try to keep the main story fairly...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom