Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Atomkilla

1. Atomkilla

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Capra is one of the few bosses in DS1 that are downright crap. Like, the boss itself is fine, even the dogs are fine as a temporary nuisance, but that intro through the fog combined with the poorly designed arena really make a shitty experience. Besides, what's the deal with Capra? He's just...
  2. Atomkilla

True, true, and admittedly it's funny.
  3. Atomkilla

This is so true. Quelaag is a nightmare for me to this day.
  4. Atomkilla

I'm very well aware of all that you have written, but you seem to have misread/misunderstood my post. I was referring specifically to human/Hollow NPCs you meet along the way (Solaire, Siegmeyer, Lautrec, Logan etc.) which are actually characters you can talk to, the characters who are most like...
  5. Atomkilla

While there are obviously some obtuse and handwaved things regarding NPCs and their storylines in DS1, I for one always liked and appreciated the fact that you could (and most likely will) miss so many things regarding other people while playing. That, combined with the fact that (almost) every...
  6. Atomkilla

This is true, he hints at the fact that you can fly away with the Crow. In general, NPCs hint at a lot of things that you as a player can/should do. Problem is that some of their statements are often worded that way as to sound cryptic and downright confusing - which is one of the game's charms...
  7. Atomkilla

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

The game isn't well balanced at all. At some point, regardless of difficulty, you will feel OP and nothing will remotely present a challenge. I think that point is around Level 15, maybe 20. Anyway, I recommend going with highest difficulty. My first run was with Broken Bones difficulty (or...
  8. Atomkilla

Best Souls game ?

Dark Souls is best for me, since it's the most *complete* game. Has its own share of faults and has drops in quality, but it's amazing all in all. Great sense of exploration and atmosphere, aesthetics, lore and is simply fun to play. I also adore Bloodborne very much, which makes it a close...
  9. Atomkilla

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

It's a very good action adventure game. Excellent, actually. It's more than worth it for 20 bucks, but if you're not in the mood don't bother now.
  10. Atomkilla

I got invaded by a guy named like that once in DS3, on SL1. He broke my game in 10 seconds. I still have screenshots somewhere. However, I doubt it's the Malcom Reynolds, since I didn't get a softban. In any case, I blocked him and that's about it.
  11. Atomkilla

That is really sad. Tanimura is definitely a talented developer, and it's sad to hear he directed one of the lowest points in the franchise. ... Regarding the Myiazaki discussion, it is intereeting to me how he cherry-picked details from DS2 and built them into the lore of DS3 - some pretty...
  12. Atomkilla

DS2 would have been way better if the focus was on finding the Four Crowns instead of Four Souls. Vendrick, Old Iron King, Ivory King and the Sunken King are way more memorable and interesting as characters, or had potential for being such. Nashandra was a good antagonist in theory, but since...
  13. Atomkilla

Maldron the Assassin is probably the best hostile NPC in whole Soulsborne. Never have I hated and loved a character that has no line of dialogue as much as him.
  14. Atomkilla

Games where you're not the protagonist

I don't know anything about Gone Home, but I have a hard time talking this post seriously. To The Moon is very simple, true, and there's little challenge to it, but it is most certainly a game whether you like it or not. What else would it be? The fact that it is very limited in its scope...
  15. Atomkilla

I guess you could also add two Gargoyles in Anor Londo which don't respawn. Also, does dark Anor Londo have unique invaders? I can't recall.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom