Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Assisted Living Godzilla

1. Assisted Living Godzilla

Atlus Metaphor: ReFantazio Thread - Atlus JRPG by Persona Veterans

Some concept art and screen shots. https://www.gematsu.com/2023/12/metaphor-refantazio-further-details-concept-world-tribes-story-and-characters#google_vignette
  2. Assisted Living Godzilla

Atlus Metaphor: ReFantazio Thread - Atlus JRPG by Persona Veterans

As much as I liked the original, more classical fantasy look, and missed it at first. I’ve warmed up to the kind of Howl's Moving Castle direction they took the style.
  3. Assisted Living Godzilla

Devil May Cry 5

Why are you agreeing with your own post?
  4. Assisted Living Godzilla

Baldur's Gate Larian is moving away from D&D, no BG3 DLC or BG4

Larian Studios’ Tetris Effect 2.
  5. Assisted Living Godzilla

Squeenix STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R [2nd Nov. 2023]

It’s a remake of a PSX game from ‘98.
  6. Assisted Living Godzilla

Baldur's Gate So... Which Studio Should Replace Larian As The Developer of Baldur's Gate 4?

Obsidian would also involve a partnership with Microsoft. Microsoft is in a possible where they don’t need D&D at all, they own Elder Scrolls, and they own Fallout. If they want one of their studios to make something like a Baldur's Gate 3 they can do that with either the Elder Scrolls or...
  7. Assisted Living Godzilla

You think you know. You’re going off a feeling you have about how big it was because you saw some stuff about it in magazines that specifically cover things like PC games and D&D in general, and not the actual numbers that show how many units were sold. And I was playing PC games at this time...
  8. Assisted Living Godzilla

No, by the late ‘90s PC gaming was not an adult market. The PC market was also not dominated by Baldur's Gate and Diablo the year they came out. Baldur’s Gate wasn’t even in the PC Top 20 sellers of 1998. Here’s a quote from a 1999 article looking at the best selling PC games of 1998 And...
  9. Assisted Living Godzilla

I’d say most did. Just like most kids under the age of 13 get to watch PG-13 movies, and most kids get to watch R rated movies long before they’re 17. Even the one kid I knew whose parents wouldn’t let him watch Pg-13 movies before he was 13 had parents that didn’t seem to give a fuck about...
  10. Assisted Living Godzilla

I think your missing the point. Look, Baldur’s Gate found success in its niche. And yes, there were even smaller games that were hoping to reach the minor heights of Baldur’s Gate, (in a market where 50,000 was good, Baldur’s Gate was doing exceptionally well) but that doesn’t mean Baldur’s Gate...
  11. Assisted Living Godzilla

Baldur's Gate So... Which Studio Should Replace Larian As The Developer of Baldur's Gate 4?

I’d kind of just expect a Baldur’s Gate 4 to be set up as some scenario you can get in D&D digital to help push their upcoming D&D digital platform.
  12. Assisted Living Godzilla

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Resident Evil 4 Remake – $29.99 – 25% Off Resident Evil Village -- $15.99 -- 60% Off Resident Evil 3 Remake -- $9.99 -- 75% Off Resident Evil 2 Remake -- $9.99 -- 75% Off Resident Evil 7 --$7.99 -- 60% Off Resident Evil 0 -- $4.99 -- 75% Off Resident Evil Revelations 2 -- $1.49 -- 75% Off...
  13. Assisted Living Godzilla

But this is a site specifically catering to CRPG fans, and even more specifically fans of CRPGs from that Interplay and Trokia era of CRPGs from the late ‘90s and early 2000s. Everyone here is gonna know what those BioWare Baldur's Gate games are, and I’d expect most people here have even played...
  14. Assisted Living Godzilla

It’s hilarious that you think kids didn’t play M rated games. Doom, or at least some version of it, (probably Final Doom) used to be set up on computers at Walmart in those years they used to do that. I think that ended sometime in the early 2000s when PC sales started to decline, I do remember...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom