Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by asper

1. asper

The Last Spell - city defense tactical RPG with roguelite mechanics

Bumping thread with nothing to add, just to give this game a bit more well-deserved exposure. Discounted on Steam ATM. Will post short impressions soon.
  2. asper

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Seems the new game will mostly play out in nature, and has a more fantasy setting with the bow character? Loving it!
  3. asper

Planescape: Torment is 25 years old this year. What are you hoping for?

Time to replay Torment motherf*ers!
  4. asper

Mystic Land: The Search for Maphaldo - Old school RPG inspired by W7 and EoB

Immediate day 1 purchase! Great work It is great how the graphics are inspired by the past games but do not use tired cliche'd faux-pixelart.
  5. asper

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

Not reading 122 pages. What is the Codex Kritikal Consensus on this game?
  6. asper

Good PnP RPG books for reading

It has been decades since I played a PnP RPG session:negative: However, I still very much enjoy reading various tabletop RPG books. I enjoy settings being fleshed out, descriptions of cities and characters, and cool/unusual adventures. I love losing myself in the setting, thinking of stories...
  7. asper

Games worth playing for people who don't have too much time to spend in front of a PC

Freshly forged family man myself, with our child born in 2023, I can relate. I only have short (1-2 hrs) gaming sessions every week or so. I have found the following games to be excellent for this, as they do not waste time with bad dialogues, cutscenes, having to walk around an empty world and...
  8. asper

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames - Legion IX expansion coming in early 2024

This game is very good, a bit underrated on the Codex I would even say, even though it being voted third best of 2022. Having a blast with it right now. They will have to sell me a bit on the wole ancient Rome angle though, I don't see it fit with Arthurian legend.
  9. asper

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Having a total blast with this lately, when the baby is in bed. Did need to look up how the crafting etc works, was not well explained in game imo Thanks for reccommending this, well worth it Why is this thread not in the tacticool forum? Tactis bros try this one, feeling like playing Terror...
  10. asper

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Have not played the game. A couple of questions: - Does this have cool mage duels / battles like in BG2? - How is the encounter design? - Can anyone explain to me in a normal way how a mainstream AAA developer considered it OK to add penis and vagina options in chargen? What is the thinking...
  11. asper

Hardwar

It's not an action game, more like space trading game like Elite. With tons of emergent gameplay, great soundtrack by the leading electronic music artists from the Warp label in the 90ies, and atmosphere
  12. asper

Hardwar

Bumping thread, as Hardwar got released on Steam beginning of this year (!) Work of the original programmer, Ian Martin :bro: Anyone tried the Steam version? Does it have the music by Autechre etc ? Edit. Mods please move this thread to Space games
  13. asper

Last Train Home - survival strategy game about Czechoslovak soldiers escaping post-WW1 Russia on an armored train

Indeed this made me think of The Train on the C64 . Which was awesome
  14. asper

games that have an ugly 'early 3D' look

Quality thread. Some wonderful games being posted, and some good discussion. Overall agree with JarlFrank. These old games have something special. Quake 3 engine See how the limitations of the engine fully work to the advantage of the worldbuilding and atmosphere.
  15. asper

What game are you wasting time on?

Great game. It's unfortunately indeed really bogged down by its very bad controls. If they could have remade this with some quality of life improvements, and smoother controls and movement, it would have been a classic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom