Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Arnust

1. Arnust

HUMANKIND - Amplitude's historical turn-based strategy

In endless legend (and Space 2) the base is the same, but especially with Strategic Resource equipment, that's where you can make a massive difference in specs. Mobility + Axe with Glassteel armor to say your Dawn Officers can make them excellent punish for archer spam, or they can go...
  2. Arnust

Ashen - a new Souls-like

If you can't get anyone, try get a kick out of the potions, they were a big crutch for me too.
  3. Arnust

Ashen - a new Souls-like

Alternatively you can actually be smart about it and complete the first big dungeon in four good jumps :shittydog: The second one is more of a problem but it’s also kind of supposed to be the level design climax. You still can save a lot of time by picking the right route through the forking...
  4. Arnust

Turn-Based Tactics Into the Breach: Advanced Edition - mech tactics game from FTL devs with Chris Avellone writing

Guys The maps are hand made, every single one of them. You can go into the game's files and see 'em all, for real. The only things that are procedural in the game are Vek spawns (it is heavily modified by difficulty and amount of vek on the board, and which kinds specifically will appear is...
  5. Arnust

Turn-Based Tactics Into the Breach: Advanced Edition - mech tactics game from FTL devs with Chris Avellone writing

Yeah, they're the exception I meant. They're the most RNG-based off the bunch. I've had best results selling the Vek Pheromones passive and maybe the Judo Fist (it is handy to keep if you've got a free slot as nothing else can move something two tiles over in a single move) in the first shop and...
  6. Arnust

The Surge 2

The spears are pretty great, really. Reach is invaluable and they've got good moves. They make staves a wee bit redundant (you'd only really lose on some progression boosties like the Negotiator and multi-hit attacks). I eventually moved into Punching Gloves, which are a weird in-between of...
  7. Arnust

They’re all about as good with one maybe two exceptions, it’s more down to how they align to your preference. You're still "supposed" to go through all of them to learn of all the mechanics; that said, the Zenith Guard (3rd) and the Flame Behemoths (6th?) would be mine, mostly because of how...
  8. Arnust

The Surge 2

NG+ is pretty neat, you get a good amount of extra enemies. For instance, two of those reddish nanite monsters from right before the final boss appear in the Detention Center from the tutorial. Do wish collecing duplicate logs gave you some scrap or something tho In another note
  9. Arnust

The Surge 2

It certainly has more than that, that's for sure; while obviously the core combat isn't gonna change (which makes me wonder then what game is supposed to be a good example of build variety because DS sure wouldn't be) there's a good amount of mechanics to play with. Off the top of my head, and...
  10. Arnust

The Surge 2

...oh. That's what the number means. Hour 30, gentlemen. I am 50/50 on this. Some drones in 1 like the Concussive Drone (rag dolls almost every enemy by ramming them off their feet or does a big stun otherwise) or the DLC's Flare Drone (Just generally completely fucks them up) felt more viable...
  11. Arnust

The Surge 2

Granted the performance problems are kind of tanking the latter's. Pretty hard to find a negative one that isn't about that. In another note I lowkey switched to Punching Gloves as of some really good ones dropped by the middle point boss, they're fantastic. Mostly stuck to Staves and Spears...
  12. Arnust

4X Endless Space 2

I - I think you can ship them like you do with any normal empire via using the spaceport you get from the System Level improvement. That said I'm pretty sure you want to be topped off at the Nexus. II - I don't think you can. But again I'm not sure there's much of a point to it. The thing is...
  13. Arnust

Warframe

You don't really need Umbra Forma to throw those into other than Excal umbra/Ninkondi, just a bunch of normal ones and trying not to upgrade them too far. In fact, at least for Inaros I only used one, as well as for Oberon, and Rhino prime with no forma!: If I gave more of a shit I could try...
  14. Arnust

Warframe

Legit don't see any problems with block combos for as long as you keep it pressed. What's real fiddly are the pauses (yeah you try do them on a weapon with > 1.5 attack speed) but that's always been the case alas As of the content thing, yeah, I barely see it. Recently I got a Paracesis riven...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom