Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Arkast

1. Arkast

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

I looked up the current price of all these games using gg.deals. Seems like a good deal if this is your thing: $4.75 - Warhammer: Vermintide II $22.49 - Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $10.35 - Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (Gold edition?) $45.92 - Total War: Warhammer $14.99 - Warhammer...
  2. Arkast

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk - parodic fantasy tactical RPG - now with Back to the Futon DLC

Excellent, because the GT series was shovelware, got them all for $1. Thanks. :)
  3. Arkast

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk - parodic fantasy tactical RPG - now with Back to the Futon DLC

How does this game compare to the 'Grotesque Tactics' series, other than having more modern graphics? https://store.steampowered.com/sub/12355/
  4. Arkast

Operencia: The Stolen Sun - turn-based blobber by Hungarian pinball devs

Game is $9.49 in the Epic Mega Sale right now. https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/operencia/home
  5. Arkast

Wizardry Wizards & Warriors running (near) perfectly on modern OSs

Just tried the suggestion in that thread (setting the pointer speed to max in the Windows 7 mouse control panel, and the mouse polling to 125 in my Logitech software), and the mouse in game is actually finally bearable! The main issue I was having with the janky mouse was the inability to...
  6. Arkast

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Boring, but dependable. Will let you get through the game with not much problem and farm Crucible for your more interesting characters. :)
  7. Arkast

The Mobile Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

The premium version of Heroes of Steel RPG is on sale for $0.99. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tresebrothers.games.heroesofsteelelite Someone mentioned the mobile version was superior to the PC Steam version.
  8. Arkast

KickStarter Grim Dawn

My only issue with the game is that the builds you find on the official forums are obviously made by people using the item generator to make the uber-ist character possible for the current patch (which updates frequent enough that you'll NEVER gather all the equipment legit to copy one of them...
  9. Arkast

Shadows: Awakening - sequel to Heretic Kingdoms

Well if you enjoyed the previous games in the series, I'm sure this one would be okay too. The base gameplay didn't change *that* much.
  10. Arkast

I loaded it up again. Yes, there are side missions as filler, and I guess the writing's passable (I only played through the tutorial area and into the first town area.) But it *is* a console game, designed to be played with a controller. You have three active abilities per character that you can...
  11. Arkast

I found the beta for this in my Steam library and decided to try it for an hour or so. Seems highly console-ized similar to what the Sacred and Dungeon Siege franchises turned into.
  12. Arkast

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

9th Dawn Classic 9th Dawn II Balrum Dungeons of Dredmor Complete (good deal on this) Spring City Tales (I'm a sucker for goofy furry graphics) The Quest Deluxe Edition and Cat Quest for the iPad for $1.99 I had a lot of fun researching new games to try via steampeek.hu, and will get more...
  13. Arkast

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

No one's actually going to link Where Are We? :)
  14. Arkast

Tales from Candlekeep - turn-based dungeon crawler based on D&D Adventure System board game

:necro: This is currently free in Twitch Prime Loot until March 31st, in addition to Oxenfree, Mr. Shifty, Superhot, and Shadow Tactics: Blade of the Shogun as part of their Indie Amplifier thing. I played it for an hour and thought it'd be best-suited as a tablet game too. Also, Birdsong is...
  15. Arkast

Decline Sword Coast Legends - RIP n-Space!

Aha! I knew it. Gamebillet has it for $4.89, and an additional 5% off code (gb5off). :shittydog: And I tried that Forgotten Realms clicker game. It's not that bad. Kept me up much longer than I wanted last night. Much longer than when I originally 'tried' Sword Coast Legends, in any case.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom