Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by AlaCarcuss

1. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning?

Yeah, I heard they were working on an MMO set in the same universe - doesn't necessarily mean there won't be a single player sequel (or has that been confirmed?). On the other hand, it's pretty good news for MMO fans I guess - KoA:R makes a fine basis for an MMO, especially if they keep the...
  2. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning?

We may all being a little harsh on this game - which is ok, it's the codex way - but I think there's a lot of promise here. It's a first time effort by a new team working within a company known for it's RTS's. If they trim the excess bagage, improve the quests and make the world and lore more...
  3. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning?

I dunno man. While I would normally agree with you about quest markers in an open world RPG (and the ability to turn them off), KoA:R is more about combat and encouters than anything else. Not sure if I'd want to run around looking for my next battle, especially as most of the quests...
  4. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning?

That's because 10 hours is not nearly enough, unfortunately. You've got to persevere past the 15-20hr mark with this game before it starts getting interesting (especially combat/exploration wise). Too much time for a lot of people to invest in I know.
  5. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning?

I think this is more endemic of all 3P action games - I can't think of one that your comment couldn't apply to. Well, not quite - you can't miss if the bastards don't move (unless they're heading straight at you). Also, to do any real damage, you have to power up your shot, so it's pretty...
  6. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning?

It's an Action RPG (as most are these days) - I don't think it's being labeled as anything but. With a pretty decent action oriented combat engine (from what I can tell) and lots of options for character customisation - seems ok "for what it is" to me. Actually, the demo reminded me a bit...
  7. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning?

lol Wut? All my consoles are modded - haven't paid for a console game in years. My 360 version of this game is on it's way as we speak. It'll go on my 1TB external USB drive with all the others. Once you mod your consoles, piracy is much easier than even on PC, as essentially all games are...
  8. Amiga, Commodore and creativity

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the spectrum used to display flasing multi-coloured bars when loading games. Of course neither of our opinions count as we don't have hot sisters. :(
  9. So... Battlefield Series.. Not what I expected..

Saints Row 2 is an arcade game. As alrady stated, the difficulty in flying in the Battlefiled games is a way to ballance things. I know how you feel though, I don't know how many times I wanted to throw the controller through the screen at first, during live matches. But again, find a practise...
  10. So... Battlefield Series.. Not what I expected..

Yeah, sorry for the retard comment - when I posted that last night I had a massive toothache and was self medicating with bourbon so wasn't really in a good frame of mind. Fuck, now I have a toothache and a hangover. Anyway, you really made my point for me. You're complaing about getting bad...
  11. So... Battlefield Series.. Not what I expected..

The single player is indeed shit, but it might as well not even exist. It's Battlefield FFS - you're fucking crazy for even playing it. As far as the engine is concerned - always makes me laugh when I hear retards complaining when trying to play modern games on decade old hardware and/or...
  12. Amiga, Commodore and creativity

Yeah, Jim was a natural educator. I remeber reading one of his early programming books (Learning Machine Code on the C-64 - actually, it might have been the first I ever read) - he had the rare ability to explain complex topics in an easy to understand way. Great man. R.I.P.
  13. Amiga, Commodore and creativity

Yeah, I picked up a perfect (looks new inside and out) A1200 on ebay a couple of years ago - coincedentally, from a guy who lived just a few streets away from me. I've since added internal CF cards, network adapter and a 68030 accelerator. Also, you can also still buy refurbished A1200's from...
  14. Borderlands - More like boring..er..lands.

Well, I'm almost embarrased to say I enjoyed the hell out of it (eventually, takes a while to get going). A guilty pleasure really, as there's a lot that needs improving on - highlighted elsewhere in this thread. Co-op is especially fun, though I really didn't get to do much of that. Looking...
  15. Fucking ToEE, how does it work

Wait, so you die every 5 meters when playing Dark Souls? Man, no wonder you think ToEE is hard. :p

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom