Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Aildrik

1. Aildrik

KickStarter Shroud of the Avatar - Lord British's Not-Ultima Online 2

I will always give Garriott some credit for being a pioneer in the CRPG genre, but holy smokes this guy now... a virtue signaling cuck. Quite simply I feel his last great contribution was UO. Tabula Rasa... its all been crap since then.
  2. Aildrik

Any MMORPG that gives the same freedom and depth as a SP rpg?

I have been playing Legends of Aria for the past year or so. It is definitely heavily inspired by UO and the head dev (Derek Brinkmann) I think actually worked on one of the later UO expansions. You have the same sort of crafting professions as you did in UO. The main issue with the game...
  3. Aildrik

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Vanilla WoW dungeons were some of the best in any MMO I have ever played. Just huge and designed with realism in mind. They remind me a lot of Everquest dungeons such as Guk or Sebilis, which had the same sort of design philosophy; they were living places that weren't meant to be on rails or...
  4. Aildrik

ANTHEM - failed Destiny clone from BioWare

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/05/anthem_sheds_key_staff_as_bioware_looks_towards_dragon_age_4 EA/Bioware:
  5. Aildrik

So Andrew Wilson (getting paid CEO cash) just had an epiphany that Anthem is more of an MMO than your traditional single player game? Just now figuring that out? Online games/services have been doing this sort of thing (phased betas) since well over 20 years ago, but this fucknut is just now...
  6. Aildrik

KickStarter Shroud of the Avatar - Lord British's Not-Ultima Online 2

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/ultima-ix-ascension-review/1900-2531654/ https://techcrunch.com/2008/04/09/tabula-rasa-a-financial-disaster-developers-confirm-downsizing-of-austin-studio/...
  7. Aildrik

"We remain 100% committed to Anthem and look forward to showing players the new content we are working on" Awesome corporate-speak there. Does anyone really expect a company to say anything other than this? Show me one example.. one... where a company was honest and said "Hey look, we fucked...
  8. Aildrik

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

I always wondered where Blizzard would take WoW after the defeat of Sargeras and the answer, loudly and clearly, is that Blizzard doesn't have any fucking idea where to go. If they did, we wouldn't have gotten an expansion like BfA.
  9. Aildrik

Anime Legends of Aria - spiritual successor to Ultima Online by Citadel Studios

Still playing; still having fun! There are a lot of improvements coming to the game soon. Candidly, there are some issues which I believe have held back the Steam release of this game. While the fundamentals are there for a solid game, some of the issues which keep bubbling to the surface for...
  10. Aildrik

I am on Azure Sky. Our guild does dragon awakenings pretty regularly along with dungeon runs, etc. Send a PM if interested, I am always happy to help fellow players!
  11. Aildrik

WoW 2004 was indeed casual friendly, especially if you came over from EQ like many did. That said, you *gasp* had to TALK to people to do things like group (for elite quests and dungeons) or even raid. Blizzard needed to fix that!! No socializing necessary now! Just log in, hit your dungeon...
  12. Aildrik

Hah! I was the second HWL on Moonrunner but in my defense it was a few months prior to cross realm bullshit. I would get home from work, there was a group of about 8 of us that just rolled PUGs for a few hours. Usually the BG queues would stop popping around 9-10pm EST. In a nutshell, by...
  13. Aildrik

I have been playing with a few friends since beta and wanted to comment some more on the current state of affairs. First off, from a technical standpoint, the game is in a good place. There was some sort of corruption/database issue soon after the initial release which culminated in a few days...
  14. Aildrik

So wanted to share my experience playing the early access over the weekend, from the perspective of crafting (mining, blacksmithing). First off, there have been some decent quality of life improvements in the game since the beta. There is a menu now which gives quick access to your pack, game...
  15. Aildrik

Decline Why do MMOs suck so much?

IMHO, what you have really seen with MMOs is the move from the first gen sandbox/community driven games like UO to the scriped, 'theme park' experience like WoW. When UO (and even EQ) hit the market, there was still a sizable portion of the population that wasn't even really online. It was...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom