Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Agesilaus

1. Agesilaus

Blobbers, don't know what to make of them

The real problem is that blobbers are an evolutionary dead end. They were okay for their time (not really), but for a completely satisfying experience we have to go beyond the blob. Stick with isometric games with good stories and mechanics.
  2. Agesilaus

KickStarter Geneforge 1 - Mutagen - remake from Spiderweb Software

Strictly in terms of the Geneforges, I would say that the remakes really are a step forward in almost every way. There are substantial expansions of the system too, specifically the addition in G1 & G2 of picking special abilities for the creations and the addition of new creations. Also, the...
  3. Agesilaus

Aletheia: Return of Odysseus - Greek mythology turn-based isometric RPG from Tavernking

>trades his sword and armour for... fish, cheese, and a necklace. :what: have fun dying in the next combat scene, odysseus. :d1p:
  4. Agesilaus

Jeff Vogel Soapbox Thread

Can you imagine if ten or twenty years from now Vogel gets denounced by his kids as racist because of the Shapers. I refuse to believe that will happen. Long live the Shapers, Hail Vogel.
  5. Agesilaus

Bloat or not, g4 and g5 are top tier crpgs
  6. Agesilaus

A branching plot vs railroaded plot definitely speaks to linearity. I agree avernum 1 has non-linear exploration, and I said as much, although I think Avernum 2 is pretty railroaded even in that sense. But re: Avadon I agree with what you said there, Vogel was definitely doing something...
  7. Agesilaus

Focus on 1, 2, and 3. 1, I completed and I don't consider too linear. It does lack in factions/sides, but the empire is sort of present and you can side with them so ok good enough. Also you can explore in multiple directions and have fun, it's not like you're overly railroaded by level...
  8. Agesilaus

Avernum just felt like a linear grind. If you're in love with spiderweb combat it's probably great, as long as you like the particular skills and spells in that series. I quickly found them mindless and boring, although I did enjoy finishing escape from the pit. Nethergate had a top tier theme...
  9. Agesilaus

Geneforge is probably the best series produced by Spiderweb, especially if you liked summoning creatures and engaging with different factions and interesting political/ethical questions. If you wanted a different series, I would probably recommend Avadon. It involves different factions and some...
  10. Agesilaus

Aletheia: Return of Odysseus - Greek mythology turn-based isometric RPG from Tavernking

The British people are ultimately all descended from the Trojans; see the myth historical account of Brutus of Troy. The Irish have their own mythological origin from either greeks or romans or whatever.
  11. Agesilaus

Indie Nemire - a Turn Based Tactical RPG

Congrats on the release! At work now, but will check it out!
  12. Agesilaus

Incline Elea (completed "branching story" book project)

That's great to hear, once you've given it a read-through let me know what you make of it. If you give it the thumbs up I'll also badger you for an Amazon review. The book got its first review on the weekend; I think it helps with the algorithm and also gives people some confidence that the book...
  13. Agesilaus

2023 RPG of the Year Popularity Poll

:updatedmytxt:
  14. Agesilaus

I gave their v2 software a go. I found it had a lot of bugs/weird audio artifacts, but after tinkering with it for a while I managed to get a clear recording. The female voice is not perfect, but I did like the main, male speaker "George". Well, it is cheap, at least that part is true lmao...
  15. Agesilaus

I used elevenlabs to produce a nice audio recording: Pretty easy to use, honestly. Would recommend for simple voice AI stuff. EDIT: Here's a youtube link for those who prefer that:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom