Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Achiman

1. Achiman

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

In space no one can hear you :smug:
  2. Achiman

Atomic Heart - open world first-person shooter set in an alternate universe Soviet Union

I tried playing Dusk and Ion Fury. They both give me instant motion sickness. Plus for FPS I am unashamedly a graphics whore. FPS should have amazing graphics because of the forced perspective and higher level of detail (leading to more immersion) that can be conveyed in levels.
  3. Achiman

Atomic Heart - open world first-person shooter set in an alternate universe Soviet Union

If it's even a 1/2 way decent shooter I'm going to play it. What else is there? Since COD no one makes single player shooters with any regularity or quality. Who needs a story when you can have season pass and new reskin every year. In another thread someone was bemoning the death of RTS, well...
  4. Achiman

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2022: Results & Cool Graphs

Putting the in R.P.G.s On topic, good list in the end, I only played 3 new games last year and 2 were top two. Might check out old mate King Arfur this year.
  5. Achiman

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

When you learn and start to play aggressively so that you recover the damage back after being hit, (the main and best imo, combat difference, in this souls-like) flasks aren't as needed for non bosses. Also later on you can get an item that lets you heal from viscerals which keeps your health...
  6. Achiman

How would the Death of Steam look like?

It's a private company. They would be fucking swimming in money. When Gaben dies/becomes senile it might be made public if no one steps up. The 'subscription service' thing for the games probably has some fine print in it where they can dump the userbase. You might as well think that itunes is...
  7. Achiman

Cyberpunk 2077 or Elden ring

Cyberpunk felt pretty fun at times and has a much better soundtrack. Elden Ring was much more compelling when I was in the grip of it, although there is a fair criticism that by making it openworld and reusing assets that they diluted the 'souls'-ness of the game. Still shat on anything else...
  8. Achiman

What game are you wasting time on?

Playing Shin megami Tensi III nocturne on switch. I was hesititant on starting this because I knew it was going to be some 40+ hour game. Anyway it's hour 52 and I'm near the end. If you like JPRGS that are hard and enjoy the 'fusion' idea these games have you might enjoy it. Defintely playing...
  9. Achiman

Game News Queen's Wish 2: The Tormentor Released

There are too many good games to tolerate such dogshit graphics in year 2022 if the gameplay isn't up to speed. Besides, this will be bundle filler in 6months if you were desperate to check it out.
  10. Achiman

Is Dark Souls overrated?

You realise.. you rate games against their contemporary games in the same era. The real question is will they go back to smaller worlds now that Elden Ring has sold so well. Oh, and no one cares about your opinion either, not in 10 years, not now.
  11. Achiman

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

The point is to get them to play the game long enough to recommend it and enjoy it. Challenging games can be their own reward I agree , but arbitrary difficulty and route learning of encounters when you might not have the stamina or background in these sorts of games is certainly going to drive...
  12. Achiman

I just finished the game, mainly because I got covid on saturday and have to stay in my house an play vidya games. Anyway, one of the hardest, most unfair rage inducing, uninstalled then immediately reinstalled turn based game I've come across. I finished the game with my party at level 19...
  13. Achiman

How close am I to the end? I'm up to the second fight at the castle. Every fight now is taking like 2 hours to do. how many more are there? Also anyone else getting crashes when you cast the insect swarm spell. Reliably crashes the game for me. Computer will go into 'thinking' and never come...
  14. Achiman

Yeah, i probably (definitely) fucked up by not buying them all from teh ratmen when I had the chance. A convenient cave collapse means I can't go back. Oh well... save scumming and RNGesus it is.
  15. Achiman

I'm up to the spider queen fight and my will to push on is being eroded at just how aids having 0 campfires is in this main sewer. I have found one, which was right after you literally kill 60 mobs waiting for you after your first two steps from the crones. When you need to cast spells to have a...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom