Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by 861129

1. 861129

Popular weapons *PWN* better ones in RPGs

Fencing means fighting with swords or with any sort of hand-to-hand weapon, hence the historical use of "longsword fencing" "quarterstaff fencing" "bayonet fencing" and the like. It is not exclusive to smallsword or modern sports fencing. Yeah because this isn't "subjective opinion on their...
  2. 861129

"Japan used to rule video games, so what happened?"

:lol: Many artists have created their finest works towards the end of their lives. I am not sure if the decline of age makes for an explanation, unless in the sense that passion -rather than ability, exactly- has been lost to time and circumstance. laclongquan is not "Western people", anyway.
  3. 861129

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

I mean pledgers through the Codex fundraiser.
  4. 861129

oh, good. So we don't have to do anything to manage our pledges at this point?
  5. 861129

Are pledges through the Codex fundraiser supposed to show normally on the backer site? I seem to have a badge on the Obsidian forums for pledging but can't get the pledge management thing to work.
  6. 861129

[Codex Lore] List of Codex mottos

- good for what it is
  7. 861129

Decline RTwP vs. turn-based (wherein I respond to smudboy's video essay and develop suicidal tendencies)

Convincing him that his critique is based on a misunderstanding of genre convention ought to be enough. Of course he's too invested at this point in looking smart to his viewers to actually consider any such thing. How annoying, he actually hid the comments that disagree? edit: oh yeah he...
  8. 861129

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

he is familiar to Codex because he did a very thorough and amusing job of critiquing the plotline of the Mass Effect sequels.
  9. 861129

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

sigh. I tried explaining about the "metaphysics" of turn-based combat, earlier, to which his response was to stop responding.
  10. 861129

They did say they wouldn't just decide simply based on the vote, but rather that the vote and the discussion around it were to get a sense of the arguments on both sides, and the decision would be made on this basis.
  11. 861129

I had to get my bro to do the pledge since I don't have a credit card, now I can't sample the RTWPfag tears. :( there's still this though http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera/comments
  12. 861129

Why “Magic: The Gathering” Matters

Why do people feel like they need to connect a thing they find meaningful in itself to instrumental use for some other, more banal end? If playing MTG or whatever enriches their life, the fact that it involves some basic sort of mathematical proficiency or reading comprehension (lol) seems...
  13. 861129

dnf is banned.

I miss dnf, always blaming the feminists in his broken English, and that one thing he used to say, what was it... :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom