Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by <3sRichardSimmons

1. <3sRichardSimmons

Tales of the Shire - LOTR Animal Crossing coming to Playstation/Switch/Xbox/PC

“Forage friendships”? :lol: Can’t even be bothered to proofread their announcement trailer.
  2. <3sRichardSimmons

Blobbers, don't know what to make of them

Seconding World of Xeen (or MM III) as a good entry point. Just stick with it until you’re past the dwarf mines, and there’s a very special game there.
  3. <3sRichardSimmons

Vapourware Rocksteady's Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League out now

Uh, yeah, but I’m not sure that I would say that a developer that was allowed to go 8 FUCKING YEARS without releasing a single title is the victim of publisher “pump and dump”.
  4. <3sRichardSimmons

Judas - narrative FPS set on a disintegrating starship from Ken Levine's Ghost Story Games

I don’t care how much of a shitposter you are; there must have been a better use of your time than that.
  5. <3sRichardSimmons

Judas - narrative FPS set on a disintegrating starship from Ken Levine's Ghost Story Games

Levine has made it abundantly clear over the last two decades that he has no interest in (or respect for) making GAMES. He wants to be this Alan Moore sort of figure for video games, but to anyone who's actually paying attention it's very clear that, unlike Alan Moore, Levine has a complete and...
  6. <3sRichardSimmons

Wadjet Eye Old Skies - time travel adventure game from Wadjet Eye, now 2D again

I feel like I've asked this question in this thread before, but I'm too lazy to check: Is this meant to be set in the Blackwell/Unavowed universe? Cause man if there's one thing that setting doesn't need to see introduced it's time travel.
  7. <3sRichardSimmons

The Legend of Skye: the most Monkey Island looking game since Monkey Island

This looks fun and I will pick it up and give it a go because I love point and clicks and am willing to throw money at anyone who is trying to keep the genre alive, but I have to seriously question your perception of aesthetics if you think this looks like an early 90s LA Monkey Island game. UI...
  8. <3sRichardSimmons

Game News SKALD: Against the Black Priory releasing on May 30th

Looks fun. Have they announced the price point?
  9. <3sRichardSimmons

Turn-Based Tactics Dead Season - zombie turn-based tactics

Zombies have never seemed like a great fit for TB tactics to me, though the only one I’ve actually played was Dead State (which did nothing disabuse me of this notion).
  10. <3sRichardSimmons

Why is game development so ineffective?

Bloat and lack of top-down-vision/clear-communication channels. Oh, and the fact that the current industry paradigm is just people who don’t know how to code making the hiring decisions for coding positions.
  11. <3sRichardSimmons

How do you play the combat in Might and Magic 6-7-8-9 ?

Oh man, for a moment after I read the thread title I thought this was going to be a thread complaining about how difficult the combat is in the late era MMs and that was giving me some serious :what: But I play them the same way I play Arcanum; 98% real-time with the occasional shift into TB...
  12. <3sRichardSimmons

In Progress Let's Play: Fallen Gods

A3. Excited to play this hopefully later this year.
  13. <3sRichardSimmons

Decline Video-Game Executives Lament Lost Creativity at Developer’s Show GDC

Way to shift the goalposts. The argument as initially posited was that Western game design has NEVER been as creative as Japanese game design. And that’s just… really not true from where I’m standing, and I’m not sure how one can make that argument other than from a position of ignorance. I...
  14. <3sRichardSimmons

Decline Video-Game Executives Lament Lost Creativity at Developer’s Show GDC

And NWC. And SSI. And Origin. And Old Blizzard. And Westwood. And Shiny. And id. And… the list goes on and on. If one’s personal preferences tend towards Japanese design sentiment then fair enough, but pretending there weren’t tons of western dev houses putting out extremely creative...
  15. <3sRichardSimmons

Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

Mmm, disagree a bit there on the inequality of encounter rate between the Shocks (especially 2) and Prey. Shock 1 & 2 are both much shorter games than Prey, so they feel more tightly paced, but they definitely have their fair share of downtime (not a criticism, they are far better for it)...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom