Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by ---

1. ---

Chrono Trigger fanboys really are a different breed of cunt

I'm asking that too. Because I remember very well another topic, years ago, in which Ash compared the first forest in Chrono Trigger (an early level) to the Magitek Factory in FFVI (an advanced level) to demonstrate that CT level design is shit; when it would have been fairer to take, for...
  2. ---

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Duke's Archives are great too, but Crystal Caves? Lost Izalith? Kiln of the First Flame?
  3. ---

Incline Hollow Knight

Just like Souls games, people keep talking about bosses and want more bosses, but for me it's exploration the main appeal of these titles.
  4. ---

Caves of Lore - turn-based pixel art RPG inspired by classics

Yeah. There should be in-game pop-up boxes that explain stuff, LoreMaster. Not only stats, but also other things. The requirements for the traits, for example: you explained me that, in order to buy "Mighty", you need 18 points of strength, but the UI doesn't provide this information. Since the...
  5. ---

Am i being punished again?

Change your isp, lmao.
  6. ---

Final Fantasy XVI

Meh, FFs have been popamole since at least FF7, and maybe even 6. The last chapter which posed a legit challenge was FF5 (the Gameboy port too). If you play FF games for the sake of the challenge, try something else.
  7. ---

Sorry to be annoying. I've unlocked the Mighty trait (after having beaten some frogs), but I can't buy it even if I have unspent traits points. Is it normal? As for stealth, no. When I sleep in the bedroom of Kalindraur, I've no need to activate stealth mode before the sleeping, since it's a...
  8. ---

Another minor complaint: it should be possible to leave/load another game during combat. Especially on higher difficulty levels, it's a bit tedious (and time-wasting) to be forced to let all your characters die when things turn to shit. It would be much simpler to just load your previous state...
  9. ---

What is the purpose of willpower? I can't find the description of this stat.
  10. ---

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Caves of Lore

Just bought. Thank you very much, it has been months since I played an RPG. Not for lack of time (quite the contrary: I have too much free time), but of interest. The main menu alone looks great, I hope that the rest of the game will be as good as you described it.
  11. ---

KickStarter Sea of Stars - a retro-inspired turn-based RPG

Still, it was a damn good game.
  12. ---

Any good metroidvania recommendations?

:nocountryforshitposters:
  13. ---

Hollow Knight: Silksong

I don't know. I am not an expert (far from it), but four year and half for a game which was first announced in such a state of advancement seems to me a very long time. The first game —developed by the exact same team— was announced during a Kickstarter campaign in 2013, it required 'only'...
  14. ---

Any good metroidvania recommendations?

Not bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom