Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by 1eyedking

1. 1eyedking

Tactics Ogre: Reborn - remaster based on 2010 release

Seems like development had a lot of balance problems along the way. Doesn't surprise me. Probably the reason why they started gutting classes, skills, and whatnot. Player damage was increased as well, but player-damage-to-enemy-HP ratio is lower in Reborn. That's why I included both enemy HP...
  2. 1eyedking

Here's further proof of the disgusting HP bloat this terrible remake has. I'm now at exactly the same spot—Phorampa Woods—using *exactly* the same gear, facing enemies that are roughly equal to my level. Picture 1—Original PSP Picture 2—Reborn From the pictures alone you can tell I would...
  3. 1eyedking

Sure thing. You can proceed with the classic Reddit-tier upboat circle-jerk by the way. So anyway I think I made my points clear, and as I said, more and more people and veterans of the game are starting to realize just how bad this new system is given how Steam reviews keep getting worse and...
  4. 1eyedking

The PSP version didn't have retarded buff card RNG. The PSP version didn't have retarded HP bloat. The PSP version didn't have a retarded boss system to sub-in for 'challenge'. The PSP version didn't have a retarded skill system. I also happen to enjoy the SNES version, and was joking on the...
  5. 1eyedking

What? I'm not having "armor pen" problems. What I'm having a problem with are the retarded design loopholes this new version has. You see, back in the PSP version I could know with relatively high accuracy when a Knight would proc Phalanx, because he'd be accumulating TP. In Reborn? It's random...
  6. 1eyedking

I'm not making any "wrong" claims, nor trolling, the gameplay elements I mentioned are all there. The game is absolute dogshit and more and more negative Steam reviews are piling up as people start realizing the gameplay core is trash compared to the older version. You can't kill bosses in...
  7. 1eyedking

Keep coping. Battles are a grueling slog unless you happen to get the correct buff cards along your path to the target with Canopus, otherwise prepare to fight literal 1000 HP knights that proc Phalanx/Stalwart at random because fuck TP management and RNG now is hardcore challenge/ironman/hard...
  8. 1eyedking

Ah, yes... the 'git gud' crowd On a dumbed down version of a game With HP bloat to artificially extend battles With less skill choices With more passive gameplay Jesus fucking Christ, man... :lol:
  9. 1eyedking

LOL LMAO, even Enjoy your HP bloatmaxx 80+ min Dark Souls™ battles while passively waiting for the correct Buff Cards to drop—which you can realistically get the ones you want only with Canopus, Hawkmen (that you can no longer recruit in random battles, so if you missed them in easier story...
  10. 1eyedking

What the royal, flying *fuck* is this goddamn remake? I don't even know where to begin... Let's see... I'll make it a bullet point format. Brain-addled, ADHD zoomers like bullet points. Yeah, that'll work: Party Level Cap™: Yeah, let's start with the big one. Let me set this clear: this...
  11. 1eyedking

Game News Cyberpunk 2077 Released

Opinions are not subjective. Take RDR2 for example, in which pretty much every technology implemented is outright better-looking and optimized (which is to say a lot given RDR2's optimization is shit): Ambient lighting Dynamic lighting Mirroring (for fuck's sake in CP2077 you have to...
  12. 1eyedking

Game News Cyberpunk 2077 Released

Terribly bad game. Some general observations from 4-5 hours of playtime, of which you need even less to come to the following conclusions: Graphics, technically speaking, are bad. Seen way better use of pretty much every resource they implemented (dynamic lighting, screen space reflections...
  13. 1eyedking

1eyedking 1eyedking's List of Games Full of Tasteful Art Direction

Added Ghostrunner (great OST) Added Factorio Added Blasphemous Added Necromunda: Hired Gun Added The Ascent Added Diablo II: Resurrected Added WORLD OF HORROR
  14. 1eyedking

1eyedking 1eyedking's List of Games Full of Tasteful Art Direction

Due to my recent foray into Disco Faggotium, I decided to replay Planescape: Torment to see how it stacks up in comparison, and boy does the writing *suck* (thus, both games suck). I truly didn't remember it to be so bad. If you don't believe me, just take a gander at Deionarra's Sensory Stone...
  15. 1eyedking

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Jesus Christ this whole thread is insufferable. I'm out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom