Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter is LIVE
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Wed 4 February 2015, 16:17:23Tags: OtherSide Entertainment; Paul Neurath; Richard Garriott; Scott Kimball; Tim Stellmach; Underworld Ascendant
The Kickstarter campaign for Underworld Ascendant, the Ultima Underworld spiritual successor from Paul Neurath, Tim Stellmach and other Looking Glass Studios veterans at OtherSide Entertainment, began a short while ago. It's a pretty sharp-looking campaign - it's obvious that they haven't spent the last half year since the game's original announcement just sitting around. Here's the pitch video, where you can see some short clips from the game's already-functioning prototype, demonstrating its cool environmental interaction features:
In 1992, Ultima Underworld changed the rules of what a fantasy RPG could be. It introduced the concept of 3D immersion, a player-authored experience, and a richly dynamic world to explore. Its influence led to a whole generation of games such as Thief, Deus Ex, BioShock, Skyrim, and Dragon Age.
Underworld has been hidden away in the deepest vaults of its publisher for two decades. Only now have the original creators unchained the franchise, freeing it to innovate yet again.
Backing the game grants you unprecedented front row access to the creation of the next epoch of this storied masterpiece, Underworld Ascendant. With your help, here's a glimpse at what we can together build:
- Exquisitely Realized Underworld – Plunge into The Stygian Abyss: dark, ripe with dangers, full of ancient secrets to discover. A vast subterranean fantasy world made startlingly real and alive.
- Dynamic Factions – Become embroiled in an epic plot, as rival factions vie for dominance in struggles that ebb and flow across The Stygian Abyss. Your choices will alter the outcome in subtle and dramatic ways.
- Improvisation Engine – Delight in player-authored gameplay taken to a whole new level, with a suite of technologies that empower you to solve challenges with astonishing ingenuity. Be the ‘MacGyver’ of a fantasy world.
- Hero to Call Your Own – Jump right in as a Fighter, Thief or Mage. Then as your Avatar grows, freely mix and match across any skills to develop a unique hero, tailored to your style of play.
- Pushing Boundaries – Stretch Goals will innovate on co-op play with a friend; letting you build your own corner of The Stygian Abyss; and more.