Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Blackguards 2 Feature Demonstration at Gamescom
Preview - posted by Infinitron on Thu 14 August 2014, 20:38:37Tags: Blackguards 2; Daedalic Entertainment
A German YouTube channel called Orkenspalter TV has this footage of a 28 minute gameplay demonstration of Blackguards 2 with producer Kai Fiebig.
- The new strategy game elements, such as attacking and defending towns and recruiting various types of mercenaries.
- A more informative user interface, that reveals more of the underlying statistics of characters and equipment.
- The ability to select your party's starting positions in a battle, within limits.
- A stamina mechanic.
- A leveling mechanic inspired by D&D(!). Apparently, they received express permission from the Dark Eye license holders to do this.
- Cover mechanics.
- Overhauled hit/miss mechanics, making missing far less probable when an enemy is cornered.
- The introduction of a unique race of demons to the game world, with a variety of nasty abilities.
- A travelling army camp that serves as the player's home base, with merchants and also the ability to interrogate captured prisoners.
- A non-linear storyline, with choice and consequence based on what territories you choose to conquer and which objectives you achieve in battle.
- An overwatch mechanic that lets you fire at enemies when it's not your turn.
- Weapon Talents represented as percentiles in the character sheet, to make them easier to understand.
- An intuitive line of sight display on the battlefield.
- The option to plunder, brutalize, or be kind to the cities that you conquer, with appropriate consequences.
- Separation of active and passive Special Abilities in the character sheet.