Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Divinity: Original Sin editor to be released on June 26th
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Mon 23 June 2014, 23:06:35Tags: Divinity: Original Sin; Larian Studios
Larian sent out a press release today that announced the imminent release of the editor for Divinity: Original Sin, which has been dubbed the Divinity Engine Toolkit. I guess this is the surprise they were talking about. From MCV:
Not only is the Divinity: Original Sin editor the first multiplayer game editor since Neverwinter Nights, it comes with a sample module called Cow Simulator 2014.
Cow Simulator 2014 is perhaps the finest cow simulation ever released. It serves as an example mod for would-be creators and permits users to play as a cow (even in co-op with up to 4 players) and complete a quest or fight in the arena.
The Divinity Engine Toolkit allows players to:
- Make new adventures that you can play in singleplayer or multiplayer
- You can modify the main campaign or create your own
- Manipulate terrain and edit existing models and textures
- Write your own stories and dialogs
- Create behaviors and scripts with easy-to-use scripting language
- Alter existing or add new skills, stats and spells
- 1-click export to Steam Workshop
- Add and manage your mods via Steam Workshop or inside the game