Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Divinity: Original Sin Beta Update and Source Hunter DLC Pack
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Wed 4 June 2014, 17:40:35Tags: Divinity: Original Sin; Larian Studios
Here's some Divinity: Original Sin news from last week that I didn't post about. First of all, the beta received an additional update. Here's an overview of what it does:
- AI Personalities are here. If you feel up to the challenge, you can give your main protagonists a will of their own, and they'll make their own choices, just like another player would in multiplayer. Currently only random personalities are activated, but it makes for a very different game. Do try it out, it's a lot of fun.
- Primary stats now affect your skill values. This is the next step in the changes we decided to do to improve the amount of class free builds you can make. The tooltips contain all you need to know.
- The system powering the treasure generation has been refined. Loot balancing has been further improved. Disarm trap kits for instance now actually drop.
- We did several modifications to the tutorial dungeon, including a new encounter.
- Surfaces & clouds now have their own level
- The hint system is now operational
- The credits screen now works
- You can now differentiate between stacking items or wanting to craft quantities of items
- Weapons that do elemental damage now have fancy fx
- We added rotate buttons to character creation screen
- Surfaces have sound now
- You can now select your starting skills during character creation (still a few issues)
- Projectiles have an offset above the ground causing less terrain/projectile interference
- We added the Stabbey waypoint in Cyseal
- A lot of effort was done on improving the tooltips (ongoing)
- There have been plenty of fixes to the encounters, the AI and the balancing