Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Turn-based Isometric RPG Zaharia Now on Kickstarter
Game News - posted by Crooked Bee on Tue 18 February 2014, 15:14:57Tags: Inner Void Interactive; Zaharia
As you may know, we have a thread in General RPG Discussion about the isometric indie RPG Zaharia. Yesterday the game went live on Kickstarter, seeking a not-so-measly £120,000.
The game has a 30 minute prototype with some alpha features, available for you to try out. Grab it here: http://www.innervoid.net/web/?page_id=377
Zaharia is an RPG with an oriental and middle eastern flavored setting, inspired by Middle East cultures charm and made with care to be original but, at the same time, plausible and convincing.The player will be able to create his own character and use him freely, writing his own story in the world of Zaharia without neither compromises nor constraints.
While exploring the game’s world, the player will discover its centuries-old history, and will come in contact with a world radically different from the ones inspired to European Middle-Age.
- Isometric 3D graphic;
- Turn-based battles based on our original rules’ system;
- Narrative and Interpretative non-linearity, allowing the player not only to choose which quest to follow, but also to make choices and solve problems in many different ways;
- A free-roaming world, Fallout style;
- A large number of skills and stats to manage, in order to customize your own virtual alter-ego in every small detail;
- An original setting created from scratch, inspired to late medieval Persia and Arabia, and completely different from the classic fantasy settings;
- Development of mature themes: slavery, sexuality, racism, theology, philosophy, morality, politics and so on;
- Five main factions to choose from, each of them deeply characterized and different from the others;
- Innovative magic system, making mages something more than portable siege weapons.
You can also upvote Zaharia on Steam Greenlight.