Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition has a release date, available for pre-order
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Fri 30 August 2013, 20:19:14Tags: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition; Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn; Beamdog
As you may have heard, the folks at Beamdog finally managed to resolve their dispute with Atari (or whatever's left of them), and their Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is back on track. Now it has an official site, with a trailer and a pre-order link. Here's the trailer and a summary of the enhanced edition's new features:
The Bhaalspawn Saga, Enhanced.
- The Final Chapter - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition includes Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal, the epic conclusion of the Bhaalspawn saga.
- Four New Party Members - Bundled with the PC and Mac versions and available as DLC for iPad and Android, four new characters can join you on your journey. At the behest of his dark patron, Dorn Il-Khan plunders and defiles the Sword Coast. Hunted by Red Wizards, Neera the Wild Mage evades and disrupts the Thayans at every turn. Exercising his growing combat mastery, the monk Rasaad yn Bashir leaves his former allies to hunt the dark figure that corrupted his brother. A mysterious thief in service to mysterious master seeks powerful artifacts from across the globe. Recruit them, use their powers, and uncover over 30 new locations.
- The Black Pits 2: Gladiators of Thay - Explore the tactical depth of high-level Dungeons & Dragons combat. Undermine your captors and prey upon their weaknesses while you dodge traps and battle for your life against Demi-Liches, Mind Flayers, and Githyanki.
- Easy Multiplayer - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition makes it easy to find, list, and join multiplayer games, even while behind a firewall.
- Widescreen and More - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition features full widescreen support, remastered area artwork from original renders, and a host of other interface and gameplay improvements.