Good Old Games
Donate to Codex
Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Odds are, something you like very much sucks. Why? Because this is the RPG Codex
News Content Gallery People Games Companies  
Forums About Donate RSS Contact Us!  

Lionheart Q&A over at RPG Vault

Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)

Lionheart Q&A over at RPG Vault

Interview - posted by Saint_Proverbius on Fri 14 February 2003, 16:09:39

Tags: Eric Dallaire; Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader; Reflexive Entertainment

RPG Vault has posted another mass interview with Reflexive and Black Isle about Lionheart.

Jonric: What are a couple of memorable surprises you've encountered during the development of Lionheart, and why do they stand out for you?

Eric Dallaire
Lead Writer and Designer, Reflexive Entertainment

I'm pleased with the way sneak turned out. Initially, I just expected the standard implementation where you hide and can skulk around monsters, and some general amount of experience is awarded to you, if at all. The programmers added a nice touch to the skill where you gain experience immediately when you sneak past a creature in real time. You continue to rack up experience as you sneak by them, up to 75% of their total experience value (you have to kill the creature to get the rest of the 25%). It's a nice reward for stealthy characters to see immediate gains when the skill works. In addition, it's easier to sneak from behind, as you'd imagine, and sneaking in front of a monster is more difficult.

On a different note, I'm very pleased with the voice over talent recruited for the game - Black Isle did a fantastic job casting the parts. I had the pleasure of sitting in on some excellent sessions with a great cast of performers who all gave very memorable performances. Some of the actors will be recognized by RPG fans as characters from other games, like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, and there are a few other surprises. I'm especially pleased that Mako and Dwight Schultz joined the very talented cast.


Oh, come on, Eric! We all know what your most memorable surprise was really!

Spotted this at VoodooExtreme.

There are 31 comments on Lionheart Q&A over at RPG Vault

Site hosted by Sorcerer's Place Link us!
Codex definition, a book manuscript.
eXTReMe Tracker
rpgcodex.net RSS Feed
This page was created in 0.0462040901184 seconds