Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Ultima 6 Project v1.1 Final Version Released!
Mod News - posted by Infinitron on Sun 3 February 2013, 19:05:43Tags: Dungeon Siege; Ultima 6 Project; Ultima VI: The False Prophet
I'm happy to report that, just two and a half months after the release of the public beta, and after almost 12 years in development, the final version of the Ultima 6 Project is here at last! The Ultima Codex has the official press release:
With this release we are also making available PDF Map Books containing high-resolution versions of the following:
- Copies of the in-game dungeon and Britannia town maps
- Maps of the Gargoyle lands and dungeons
- The in-game World Map, with both a spoiler and non-spoiler version. The spoiler version has islands that are not shown on the in-game map.
- Both English and French versions
- A German version is in the works, but is not yet ready
- A localization pack is available for those who would like to translate the game into another language
- Brand-new Moongate subsystem that now scales – things don’t break later in the game any more
- Generally better performance – major optimization of various components and special effects
- Many quest improvements
- Many dozens of bug-fixes
- Interesting new places to explore
- Far more accurate world map coordinates
- Huge enhancements to the dungeon map system – new “helper” pins and better maps to make our immense dungeons easier to navigate – or optionally, just as hard as before if you disable the helper pins (you can see samples of the new maps in the picture below)
If you find problems with the release, want to exchange play hints with other players, want to give us kudos, or (heaven forbid) want to tell us what you really think, join us at our forums. We have set up a special forum for the 1.1 Final Release on the Project Britannia forums.
To download the 1.1 Final Release, go to the Ultima 6 Project web site at: http://www.u6project.com/
The Ultima Codex also reports that mods for this new version are already available(!) at Sylore's website, including a portraits pack which is considered essential.
Now, to finally play this thing!