Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Legends of Eisenwald, Turn-Based Strategy RPG, Kick-Started
Information - posted by Crooked Bee on Mon 23 April 2012, 08:36:39Tags: Aterdux Entertainment; Legends of Eisenwald
What's this, another Kickstarter project? You bet it is. This one is pretty interesting, though.
- Combination of a role playing game and a strategy in right proportion that can be called a Knight-Errant Simulator.
- Turn based tactical battles where we managed to get rid of the main enemy of turn based battles – boredom. There are no moving without striking and every move there is a choice whom to attack and whom to defend. Often an entire battle outcome depends on a decision which makes a battle intense from beginning to end.
- There are many units with upgrade trees. Each unit can be personalized both with an upgrade as well as with equipment which provides a wide variety of army tuning.
- There are a lot of weapons and battle spells. Each kind of weapons has its unique features that makes you to utilize it well in a battle.
- Possibility to conquer castles to increase your power and strengthen your army. Obviously, it is not enough just to occupy castles – they need to be protected from aggressive neighbors.
- There will be a campaign and some additional missions. In the future we plan to release campaign editor so each player can create his or her own adventure.
We started the development of our game more than 2 years ago. Right now the technical aspects of gameplay, battle AI and most other parts of the game are about 90% finished. We have an alpha version.
But as it often happens in game development industry working on the game took more time as we planned and we need more funds.
Your generous backing will help us to walk the remaining part of the path. To finish our game in “basic package” we need $50000. It will be enough for:
- To create and program most of the campaign scenarios (levels);
- To complete all planned content (battle arenas, characters, artifacts and different items).
- It will be Windows only in English and Russian.
- Add more to the campaign scenarios, making them more interesting and non-linear;
- Add more units (at minimum, plus the number of the corresponding rewards);
- Create beautiful special effects for spells in battles;
- Localize our game with more languages;
- Make our game richer and more diverse (add unique bosses and characters, create alternate levels and endings etc.);
- Port our game to MacOS and Linux if we reach $100000.
They also have a video showing off the team and the alpha version of the game, but I can't seem to embed it in this post so you should head over to the project's Kickstarter page and watch it there.