Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
I hear the Bethesda guild is recruiting
Company News - posted by Vault Dweller on Wed 21 March 2007, 17:32:26Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 3
Bethesda has placed several job ads for a popular Fallout XBOX/PC game.
Game ProgrammerMention that you saw this ad at the Codex when you apply and you will be given a preferential treatment.
Bethesda Game Studios
Rockville, Maryland - United States
Platforms: XBOX 360, PC
Project: The Elder Scrolls or Fallout - RPG
Bethesda Softworks is looking for talented programmers to join our team that is pushing the bleeding-edge of RPG development for the PC and future-generation consoles.
In this role the Game Programmer will write and develop application specific code based on design requirements. The Game Programmer will work closely with artists, lead engine programmers, designer and producer to implement game features.
1. B.Sc. in Computer Science and/or Mathematics.
2. Proficient with c++ and object-oriented programming.
3. Development experience in the games industry a plus.
4. Development experience on game consoles (Xbox/PS2/Gamecube) a plus.
5. Experience with DX9 2.0 or above level Shaders and HLSL a plus.
6. Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas.
7. Strong communication and organizational skills.
8. Must work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
9. Passion for making GREAT games.
10. Knowledge of Role Playing games and The Elder Scrolls or Fallout a plus.