Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Avernum gets cozy with Vista
Game News - posted by Role-Player on Sat 24 February 2007, 02:13:54Tags: Spiderweb Software
Windows Vista seems to have something against Spiderweb Software's spiffy Avernum titles, so updated versions for both Avernum and Avernum 2 which solve the party creation issues have been released.
Those too lazy to get the updated version may try to get by with this simple workaround suggested by Jeff Vogel:
1. Right-click on the game shortcut on the desktop.
2. Select Properties on the menu that appears.
3. Select the Compatibility Tab.
4. Select the "Run this program in compatibility mode" check box.
5. Select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" from the menu below.
In your face, Bill Gates!
Spotted at: Spiderweb Software