Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
PC Gamer reveals first NWN 2 details
Preview - posted by Astromarine on Tue 11 October 2005, 09:32:33Tags: Neverwinter Nights 2; Obsidian Entertainment
NWN 2 News has put up a summary of a PC Gamer article detailing some juicy information about Neverwinter Nights 2.
The details are pretty interesting, including a good deal about the storyline and how the PC starts out. These look especially promising:
- You start out as a typical commoner. No one really pays much attention to you; you are no more or less special then anyone else in the village and the NPCs react as such.I wonder if they can actually pull off an engaging and interesting NWN game.
- You need to build your reputation to become/be considered a 'hero'. They do not give any real specifics in the article on how you do so but they state it will not be due to repetitive 'rescue the cat' or 'fed-ex' type quests.
- As we were already told Strongholds are in, but they are more then "window dressing". They will serve as the PCs base of operations and will be important to the main story.
- You can hire NPCs to staff your stronghold and gain benefits from such. The example given is you can hire a Scholar to research new spells while you are away on a quest.
- Companions who join you will you have their own motivation, interests and depending on your actions may open up side quests for you... or tick them off and have them up and leave. They will work similar to KotOR2 and it's influence system.
Spotted at: RPGDot