Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #54: New Challenges Approach
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Fri 17 August 2018, 21:29:18Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
According to Obsidian's content roadmap, this month Pillars of Eternity II is scheduled to receive a major patch adding, among other things, two new God Challenge modes. The latest Fig update has the details on the new modes, which are more elaborate than the ones released with Patch 2.0 earlier this month. There's also some information about the Mega-Boss that will be added to the game next month, and a changelog for the minor patch that Obsidian released alongside the update. I quote:
- Abydon - The god of the forge is ready to challenge you with forged items you carry. The more you use weapons and armor, the more they will wear down and become "Damaged". This modifier will make them progressively worse and eventually destroy them unless the mods are removed through Enchantments. Choose the items you will wear into battle wisely!
- Skaen - With Skaen's challenge, when indoors or at night, fog of war encroaches more. Torches and lanterns can partially offset the additional fog of war, but only a little.
That's One Mega Boss
Next month we'll be bringing our first Mega Boss to Deadfire. As we've said in some interviews recently, the Mega Bosses are end game challenges that you can take on in the Deadfire and are meant to test your party's mettle. These fights are meant to be for high level parties, so don't expect to be able to tackle them right when you get the Defiant out on the seas of the archipelago. We'll have more information on who the first Mega Boss will be in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!
Today we've released a patch that fixes some of the bigger issues some players have had since the launch of "Beast of Winter." Our forums have the full patch notes, but some of the highlights are:
- Retrained party members will no longer gain Knock Down, Constant Recovery, Battle Axe Proficiency, or Mace Proficiency when they should not.
- The autosave feature works as intended after jumping into the pit in the Beast of Winter DLC and allows for progression.
- Party members will no longer disappear near the portal in Sunken Crown.
- Party members stay together when using the portal in Sunken Crown when it's flooded.
Those of you who have been following Pillars of Eternity since the days when it was still called Project Eternity might find the Abydon challenge mode rather familiar. It took five years, but in the end Tim Cain won!