Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
The Iron Oath, a turn-based strategy RPG with cool pixel art, now on Kickstarter
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Wed 9 August 2017, 23:24:27Tags: Curious Panda Games; The Iron Oath
The Iron Oath is an upcoming turn-based tactical RPG that we first learned about back in January. Gameplay-wise, the game sounds similar to Battle Brothers, with a guild of warriors to manage and a dynamic open world to explore. What stands out about it the most however are its gorgeous pixel art graphics, which remind me a bit of the upcoming action RPG Eitr. The developers, an international indie team who call themselves Curious Panda Games, have been self-funding The Iron Oath's development for a year. Now they're looking to raise $45,000 on Kickstarter to complete it. Here's the game's pitch video and basic description:
The Iron Oath is a turn-based tactical RPG that is set in a dark fantasy world. Recruit, manage, and embark on missions with a roster of adventurers, testing the limits of their mortality. Every decision made carries weight and can have a minor or major influence on your characters and the world that surrounds them. As you and your guild progress, the world changes dynamically, enabling new storylines to discover and resulting in a unique experience for every playthrough.
- Tactical turn-based Combat: Deadly foes, traps and destructible objects means one misstep could be your party’s undoing. Proper planning and execution is vital to your success.
- A Large and Dynamic Overworld: 9 regions with over 50 hubs to visit. Cities can be overtaken, destroyed and rebuilt; while various factions can emerge, rise and fall. A playthrough can potentially last hundreds of years, resulting in many changes to the initial world state.
- In-depth Guild Management: Control your guild's finances, resources, alliances and roster. Your characters will age, retire and frequently die in combat and you will need to recruit and train their replacements.
- Character Development: Every recruitable character has their own personal backstory, incorporating events that have taken place during your playthrough. Their motives, alignment and traits all stem from this, but each of the three is subject to change as their career progresses.
- Dynamic Dialogue: Characters will converse over a variety of subjects such as the current state of the world or relevant past experiences, along with offering their input on any decisions you face.
- Decisions Matter: Your choices bear consequences and they can affect your characters, your guild and the many factions that exist throughout the world.
- Detailed Pixel Art: Meticulously hand-crafted pixel art characters, animations and environments help set the mood for your journey.