Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Battle Brothers releasing on March 24th
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Fri 10 March 2017, 19:43:41Tags: Battle Brothers; Overhype Studios
Since its release on Steam Early Access almost two years ago, Overhype Studios' strategy RPG Battle Brothers has transformed from a Codex Workshop underground hit to one of the community's most anticipated titles. Last month Overhype launched a beta for the game's final update, and it was clear that a release date announcement was imminent. Today, we learn that Battle Brothers' final 1.0 release will happen on March 24th. Overhype have put together a rousing trailer in honor of the occasion, which is included in their official announcement:
Creating this game together with you has been a long and rewarding adventure, and we’re very happy with what the game has grown to become. Enjoy the new trailer and feature list of the upcoming 1.0 release.
- Manage a medieval mercenary company in a procedurally generated open world.
- Fight complex turn-based tactical battles with historical equipment and brutal injuries.
- Permadeath. All characters that die in combat will stay dead – unless they return as the undead.
- All characters come with their own background stories and traits. Want a stuttering ratcatcher, a greedy witch hunter or a drunkard disowned noble?
- Character development without a restrictive class-system. Each character gains experience through combat, can level up and acquire powerful perks.
- Equipment that matters. Different weapons grant unique skills – split shields with axes, stun enemies with maces, form a spearwall with spears or crush armor with a warhammer.
- Diverse enemy roster. All enemies have unique equipment, skills and AI behavior.
- A dynamic event system with atmospheric encounters and tough decisions outside of combat.
- Three late game crises – a war between noble houses, a greenskin invasion and an undead scourge – add a looming threat.
- Two full hours of orchestral soundtrack.
- 70 Steam Achievements