Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Spy DNA, a realistic tactical RPG featuring genetically enhanced super-spies, now on Kickstarter
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Wed 22 June 2016, 16:33:05Tags: Shy Snake; Spy DNA
Spy DNA is a tactical RPG from a husband-and-wife team who call themselves Shy Snake, that first came to the Codex's attention back in February. Set in the future of 2075, Spy DNA's highlight is its realistic combat model featuring genetically enhanced "super-spy" protagonists. Over the past few months, Shy Snake have been regularly posting development updates and gameplay videos, which made a good impression on our forums. Somehow, it escaped my noticed that they'd also talked about doing a Kickstarter campaign...which was launched yesterday without warning. Here's the pitch video and overview:
Spy DNA is a tactical squad RPG that combines turn-based game mechanics with realistic combat simulation.
The game puts you in command of a small team of super-spies. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to fight to preserve our way of life and stop those that want destroy it.
Using advanced genetic modification technology, you create and enhance your super-spy character to match your playstyle. You’ll lead a squad of spies with unique talents on missions around the globe.
We are greatly inspired by the RPGs of the past that made the genre popular in the first place: Jagged Alliance, Silent Storm, and the original XCOM.
Spy DNA will be available to play on Windows PCs.
Why you'll want to play Spy DNA
- Super-realistic combat and AI make you feel like a real super-spy on a mission
- Realistic weapons behaviour, aiming, and cover
- Hit points replaced with anatomical damage
- Dynamic turn duration based on character stats
- Turns execute at the same time
- Immersive story
- Deep branched dialog
- Rich character attributes and skills allow you to create and play a character based on your own play style
- High tactical flexibility creates replay value