Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Introducing No Truce With The Furies, "a story-driven isometric RPG about being a total failure"
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Fri 10 June 2016, 20:44:08Tags: Disco Elysium; ZA/UM
A couple of days ago we received word of an indie RPG with the unusual name of No Truce With The Furies. The developers are a team based in Estonia, who call themselves Fortress Occident. But this game is no typical "Eastern European shovelware". In fact, it's probably very different from any RPG you've ever seen. It made a good impression on our users, and Fortress Occident's representative on our forums seems rather anxious that I post about it here, so without further ado, here is the official announcement for No Truce With The Furies:
NO TRUCE WITH THE FURIES is a story-driven isometric role playing game about being a total failure. An almost irreversible, unmitigated failure. Both as a human being and an officer of the law.
Find yourself in a strange and familiar new world, where you can go anywhere you want to. See that liquor store? You can go there. See that motor-carriage? You can drive it into the ocean. See that phone booth? You can call her, and make her love you again!
Or – you can take one final case and crawl back to life.
“NO TRUCE WITH THE FURIES” HAS:
- A new genre of setting developed for over 15 years in absolute secret. Neither fantasy, alternate history, nor any type of -punk, a novel set in the same world has been dubbed fantastic realism.
- The most advanced visuals ever made for the isometric perspective. A trick of the trade we call paintshading lets us create a moving contemporary oil painting.
- A realistic skill system lets you develop original ideas using Conceptual Thinking, tune your nervous system with Electrochemistry, and become a disgrace to the uniform with Composure, a skill that lets you don your disco outfit to the maximum effect.
- Writing by chronically success-impaired science fiction author Robert Kurvitz and original music by the Mercury prize winning band British Sea Power.
- Thought Cabinet, an inventory for thoughts, where you process the ideas you’ve stumbled on. Ideas become fixtures, permanent beliefs you can’t get rid of, even if you want to.
- Exactly one hundred and twenty eight times more choice and consequence than previously thought possible in a role playing video game. This is a world where even the smallest things you say matter.
“NO TRUCE WITH THE FURIES” has been in development for over a year. It’s expected by the end of 2016 for PC.
We are Fortress Occident. We are 13 strong and “No Truce With The Furies” is our debut.
As explained in the game's FAQ, No Truce With The Furies will not have turn-based combat. Nor will it have real-time combat. It's not going to have any combat "system" at all. Violent confrontations will take place in scripted dialogue sequences using relevant stats and skills (of which there are plenty). There's no Kickstarter either - it's just going to come out. How very quaint. We'll be keeping an eye on this game. For more information, you can check out its development blog, which has updates going back to January.