Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Kingdom Come: Deliverance Tech Alpha 0.5 released, beta coming in Q1 2016
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Wed 16 December 2015, 21:49:52Tags: Dan Vávra; Kingdom Come: Deliverance; Warhorse Studios
News from scenic Bohemia! Last month, version 0.5 of the Kingdom Come: Deliverance tech alpha was released to eligible backers, adding features such as a crime system, an adaptive soundtrack, and more. The accompanying Kickstarter update provided details, but this cool video that Warhorse released today does a much better job. It also reveals that the game's beta is due for release early next year. Here's the video, and the relevant part from the Kickstarter update:
We have released new update to Kingdom Come: Deliverance Tech Alpha recently, which is available to all backers with the Baron tier or higher. Thanks to your comments on our forums, we have fixed the issues which came with this update, so now it’s the right time to start Steam and download the update 0.5!
New features include:
- Crime system: Stealing or attacking people will have consequences, the population will behave accordingly. If you are seen committing a crime, multiple options are available, from negotiating your way out, going to jail or even resisting the arrest by fighting against the authorities.
- Multiple enemies: Fighting will get even more dangerous and challenging, thanks to new AI improvements. Every opponent has now different skills and equipment. Combat feels even more realistic and deadlier.
- Adaptive soundtrack: Addition of new proprietary sound technology adapting the soundtrack's mood based on player's actions. For instance, the game's symphonic music goes from peaceful to agitated when the player is under attack and is modifying itself depending on player's performance. The system handles all kind of situations based on actions and environments, such as exploration, theft, danger, etc.
- RPG and survival elements: Characters, now needs to eat and sleep in order to stay healthy and survive. New horse inventory will help carry more supplies.
- Technology upgrades and fixes: Implementation of Global illumination - a new CryEngine lighting technology improving lighting and shadows to improve the world's realism, combat and horse controls/animations improved, new dialog animations and cameras, complete GUI (graphical user interface) overhaul