Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
BattleTech Kickstarter Update #10: Expanded Mercenary Campaign Unlocked, New Stretch Goals
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Sun 18 October 2015, 12:07:33Tags: BattleTech; Harebrained Schemes
Harebrained Schemes' BattleTech Kickstarter campaign reached $1.85M of funding last night, unlocking its next major stretch goal, the Stage 3 Expanded Mercenary Campaign. As before, the accompanying Kickstarter update announces supplementary mini-stretch goals for the new stage. One of which is a DropShip that will serve as a "customizable home base" for your mercenary outfit, because you can't have a Kickstarter without a stronghold stretch goal. Here are the details:
Today marks the next stage of our campaign to deliver an authentic turn-based BattleTech experience to the PC - the unlocking of our Stage 3 Extended Mercenary Campaign.
The STAGE 3 EXPANDED MERCENARY CAMPAIGN puts you in full control of your life as a mercenary.
- The single-player story campaign is now open-ended - charter JumpShip transport for your mercenary outfit to travel to various hot-zones across the Periphery and Inner Sphere, and continue your career even after the game's main story arc is resolved.
- You’ll be able to choose your contracts and alliances, with both the 5 Great Houses and other sub-factions within the Inner Sphere.
- A procedural contract-generation system will ensure that you always have fresh contracts available, wherever your Mercenary career may take you.
- The missions you choose to accept and the objectives competed in those missions will determine your reputation as a mercenary, affecting the contracts and contract terms you may be offered in the future.
Now, MechWarriors, it’s ONWARD towards our next major objective: STAGE 4 - PVP Multiplayer!
HBS Command has identified two high-value targets on our march to STAGE 4.
- $2,000,000 - Customizable Home Base: As part of the ongoing campaign, you'll acquire a home base (likely in the form of a derelict DropShip) for your mercenary outfit to call home. At this funding level we'll also allow you to adjust its appearance, repair and upgrade its functionality, and grow and evolve your base as your outfit grows and evolves.
- $2,150,000 - Legendary 'Mech & MechWarriors: In addition to the game's standard 'Mechs and customizable, procedurally-generated MechWarriors, we'll include rare legendary 'Mechs to find, and rare hero MechWarriors to hire - including some famous characters from BattleTech history. Such legends may not stick around for long, but will be well worth hiring if you can afford them.
The campaign's funding rate has now slowed down, but with 16 days still left, it might be able to reach the final Stage 4 PVP multiplayer stretch goal if the pace picks up sufficiently near the end. Be sure to check out our new fundraiser if you'd like to hop on board.