Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Deus Ex: Revision mod released and (so far) it's Steam only
Mod News - posted by Crooked Bee on Tue 13 October 2015, 21:31:13Tags: Deus Ex; Deus Ex: Revision; Square Enix
If you're one of the types that stumbled on the RPG Codex's Top 70 PC RPG list by accident and are wondering how anyone can play something as outdated as the original Deus Ex, do not despair. Deus Ex: Revision mod, released on Steam today, is a thing that makes the original Deus Ex fancier, which makes it just the thing you need.
- Locations throughout the game world have been re-designed with new aesthetic and gameplay detail.
- A new soundtrack has been composed by the symphonic electronica duo
- EdenShard, based on the original score.
- High Resolution Textures courtesy of New Vision.
- High Detail 3D models courtesy of Project HDTP.
- Direct3D 9 Rendering courtesy of Chris Dohnal.
It's an official release, endorsed by Square Enix as something that can tide you over before Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is released early next year.
“One of the reasons that Deus Ex has been so popular for 15 years is the way in which the gaming community has embraced the ground-breaking gameplay and a narrative that looks to the future but is inspired by real-world events. Revision’ from Caustic Creative is a fantastic way for fans new and old to experience the original Deus Ex in a whole new way before Deus Ex: Mankind Divided® raises the bar once again.”
Here's looking forward to them raising that bar up from the ground. In the meantime, you can grab the mod here, but only if you own the Steam version of Deus Ex.