Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #12: Enhanced Edition Co-Op Trailer and Website
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Wed 23 September 2015, 18:50:40Tags: Divinity: Original Sin; Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios
Larian decided to do a little bit of advertising for their upcoming Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition in today's Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter update. They still don't have a definite release date other than "late October", but at least there's a new trailer, focusing on the game's couch co-op functionality:
For those of you who are not entirely sure what the Enhanced Edition of Original Sin is all about, here's an overview of some of its most exciting features and aspects:
- The combat in the game has been entirely overhauled, which means a massive rebalance has been done of everything related to combat, from stats & skills to each individual combat encounter. New difficulty modes have been added such as the highly challenging Tactician Mode, as well as spectacular new combat features, which include Dual Wielding and the addition of all kinds of grenades and wands to your arsenal.
- The main story has undergone significant rewrites to improve the narrative experience of the game, and important NPCs such as the cat wizard Arhu have been outfitted with an individual storyline to explore. The entire end sequence of the game has been heavily expanded upon to give Divinity: Original Sin the epic ending it always deserved.
- Voice acting has been added to the entire game. That's right folks, we're talking about 88,000+ recorded lines, voiced by amazing professional (voice) actors. Their performances add greatly to the immersive quality of Original Sin.
- Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition will also be released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, bringing a game unlike any other to the latest generation of consoles.
- Tailored to bring you a fantastic couch co-op RPG experience, the Enhanced Edition was developed such that it's a dream to play with two from the comfort of your living room. Stay together or explore apart: with the new split screen feature we've got you covered. And should players on PC prefer to play with a controller as well, that is now perfectly possible.
Still haven't gotten your fill? Then check out the new website dedicated to the Enhanced Edition right here!
Oh my, that website has gotten much busier since the last time I looked at it. Is this a thing now? Anyway, PC players should be most interested in this section of it.